OMG TURBO

hiemsnox

OK so im talking with a guy right now about buying his used turbo that supposedly was only used for under 50 miiles. this is an older brother selling his younger brothers kit... it comes with a t3/t4 turbo, external wastegate, front mount intercooler, the piping and couplings and fitting, and oil lines... the only thing is no injectors or ecu.

and im also getting a boost guage and what ever else i can gt from him for $400.

so what do you guys think? and also can you explain the importance of getting a tuned ecu and software... cause i dont want to just throw this stuff on in case that it would harm my egine. if its not that bad i would at least like to install it and run really low boost then later get the ECU tune and then up the boost a little.... and if there is any other information that i need to know about please input cause, this turbo is coming a TON sooner than i thought it would.

OK so im talking with a guy right now about buying his used turbo that supposedly was only used for under 50 miiles. this is an older brother selling his younger brothers kit... it comes with a t3/t4 turbo, external wastegate, front mount intercooler, the piping and couplings and fitting, and oil lines... the only thing is no injectors or ecu.

and im also getting a boost guage and what ever else i can gt from him for $400.

so what do you guys think? and also can you explain the importance of getting a tuned ecu and software... cause i dont want to just throw this stuff on in case that it would harm my egine. if its not that bad i would at least like to install it and run really low boost then later get the ECU tune and then up the boost a little.... and if there is any other information that i need to know about please input cause, this turbo is coming a TON sooner than i thought it would.

Whether that is a good deal depends on a lot. What brand turbo? What company made the turbo mani? What brand intercooler, wastegate? You'll still need a bov and injectors.

Tuning is probably the single most important aspect of boosting a car. Do not skimp out in this area and budget between 250-400 for a dyno tune + money to have your ecu chipped.

stock bottom end + no tune + no everything else you need + anymore then little boost = boom

i wouldnt put the stuff on until you can get it tuned right away.. theres a few people around here that tried not gettin theres tuned and keeping it really low boost and it ran like crap

sorry i forgot to mention that it does come with a greddy BOV. so what would you guys recommend i go for tuning cause i dont really know where i could get a dyno tune... i was thinking hondata... but what would i do with it... causeall my reading and searching i never really got much info on tuning.

sorry i forgot to mention that it does come with a greddy BOV. so what would you guys recommend i go for tuning cause i dont really know where i could get a dyno tune... i was thinking hondata... but what would i do with it... causeall my reading and searching i never really got much info on tuning.

if you have to ask, take it to a good shop

Archived