seat swap for del sol

dorisdday

the integra seats i have in my car.. wanna switch?

Why do you want to switch?

I hear comments about sitting too high when they use integra seats.

Is this true?

I am looking for a good seat, preferably leather, that wont raise the driver

from the original position...

Do I need to go to a seat cover?

Why do you want to switch?

I hear comments about sitting too high when they use integra seats.

Is this true?

I am looking for a good seat, preferably leather, that wont raise the driver

from the original position...

Do I need to go to a seat cover?

You're best bet would probably be one of those leather seat cover kits that replaces the stock one. They take a bit of DIY effort, and I have no idea how high quality they are, but you end up with a re-upholstered seat. One size fits all seat covers are less than worthless.

the teg seats just are not as awesome as regular del sol seats and are a little higher but i dont think its too bad.. i just want the black sol seats back so i can get the stripe in the middle to match my car

and idk how many seats you could put in out of a factory car that would just bolt up and sit exactly where a sol seat sits

Not much if anything is going to bolt in without modification. If you are willing to do some modding then S2k seats look sweet in del sol's. I'd like to put Sol seats in my hatch as it makes you sit lower (which might not be good since the car is on the ground already.)

Question, I can't remember, but the del sol seats to recline (forward) as far because of no backseat right?? If that's the case then that would suck in a hatch.

Seriously, just keep the sol seats they are very comfy and have nice bolsters. You could also check a local upholstry shop...my dad was gonna have the seats in his del sol redone with leather and was quoted 400 for both seats.

dont listen to him.. trade me :)

but idk if anyone knows how far they recline cause they would just hit the extra storage things lol

I meant recline forward. I was actually talking about how much it goes forward (like to get in the back seat if there was one)....I just didn't know what to call it. If I remember correctly, the del sol seats don't go that far forward which would be a pain in a car that needs backseat access.

I meant recline forward. I was actually talking about how much it goes forward (like to get in the back seat if there was one)....I just didn't know what to call it. If I remember correctly, the del sol seats don't go that far forward which would be a pain in a car that needs backseat access.

They will actually drop forwards about as far as you'd need in order to get by them... I'll go take a pic.

recline.jpg

Do they slide forward too? Because that's not very far forward. My seat can just about touch the steering wheel I believe.

I'm pretty sure it'll slide forward until the headrest hits the steering wheel. I'm fairly tall, so I have it back a ways.

*edit*

Here we go, better picture, and slid all the way forward

P1000392.jpg

Considering 2-door cars with back seats tend to have the drivers seat mounted a bit farther forward relative to the door than a Del Sol, you should be fine.

I'm pretty sure it'll slide forward until the headrest hits the steering wheel. I'm fairly tall, so I have it back a ways.

Thanks all for the comments, I think I' m gonna go for a re-upholstered leather seat. Either with some local shop or maybe I will order a Coverking seat cover!

Anyone has any practical info about the Coverking?

Is it pretty good quality stuff or are they cheesy?

Archived