ok sooo...

C92hatchX

im sick of seeing this.

Picture028-2.jpg

whats the best DIY way to make it not as bad?, like i want it to be kinda back to normal, i know it wont be perfect, but if it looks decently better i can maybe get rid of it faster (ive got stock tails on so thats out of the way)

get a mallet and go to town. since the metal is creased it wont be perfect (as you said) but that and some white paint should really help. and the brackets that hold the bumper aren't that hard to adjust. my rear bumper wasn't lined up right and i finally just started taking crap apart and tweaked the bracket till it looked right.

New taillight, use a sheet metal screw or two from underneath to reattach the corner of the bumper to the quarter panel. Grind the rust off, hit it with a little primer and a little white spray paint to cover it.

• 2 weeks later...

take a hammer to it, light collor primer with some whit paint you should be good.. you could get a puller(the ones that make all those little holes) weld the holes and then bondo it and paint it but that takes some time to do.

take it to a shop and have them cut out that quarter panel and weld in a better one. had it done to one of my ej6's, cost like 300.

that part unerneath that light thats all FUBAR is impossible to get at, it would be pretty hard banging that out.

Will be even harder considering he unloaded this about a week ago.

Never even tried to fix it, just sold it and bought another car that needed body work in a different area. :crazy:

Archived