worst way to die?

SexyH22

being paralyzed but somehow keeping feeling in your lower extremities, then being mistaken for dead.

now this can go two ways.

having to live through an autopsy feeling every cut and not even being able to scream

or, by being buried alive unable to move or make a sound, being not only trapped under tons of dirt, but being trapped inside your own body until you go insane and finally die of suffocation or heart attack from the stress.

1st one would probably never happen in this day and age since they would have machines to confirm you are dead by heartbeat and brain activity...as well as breathing. 100 years ago though it could have maybe happened.

2nd one is also unlikely. The weight of the dirt would kill you by crushing you before you could spend too much time suffocating.....though being crushed by tons of dirt would suck too. Ever see the episode of mythbusters where they tested this? Even coffins were caving in from the weight and I think they even tested metal coffins with similar results.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being paralyzed but somehow keeping feeling in your lower extremities, then being mistaken for dead.

now this can go two ways.

having to live through an autopsy feeling every cut and not even being able to scream

or, by being buried alive unable to move or make a sound, being not only trapped under tons of dirt, but being trapped inside your own body until you go insane and finally die of suffocation or heart attack from the stress.

stephen king has a short story about a guy playing golf and got bit by a snake that wasnt natural to the area and he was paralyzed for hours and almost got cut on but they noticed at the last minute he was alive

I would have to say being burned to death, or being tortured to death.

But I would rather be _________ to death, that have to live after something horrible. I cant imagine being severely burned, dismembered, paralyzed, disfigured, or suffer brain damage. When you die all pain is forgot, at least thats what I'm hoping.

death by the skull crusher from the dark ages.

"With the head placed under the upper cap and the chin placed above the bottom bar, the top screw was slowly turned, compressing the skull tightly.

First the teeth are destroyed, shattering and splintering into the jaw. Then the eyes are squeezed from the sockets - some versions had special receptacles to catch them. Lastly, the skull fractures and the contents of the head are forced out.

In earlier stages, the torturer could keep the head firmly clamped and strike the metal skull cap periodically; each blow echoing pain throughout the victim's body. "

tortur10.jpg

its not the teeth that go. its the jaw. the teeth remain intact. your head is compressed until your jaw breaks, and as you can imagine, that would be one hell of a compound fracture with bits of jaw bone pushing through your soft facial tissue. then as your skull is further compressed, inner tissues such as your eyes and even your brain is pushed out of one orifice or another.

its a bad way to go.

Archived