Something wrong with this picture

You have no idea what DSMs are capable of. A stock...hell a bolt-on Del Slo Si, can't hang with a stock DSM.

ohh I do. I've seen plenty of impressive numbers out of DSMs, can't argue with that.

I just haven't seen hardly any reliable DSMs. even if you're at the track, you want some kind of reliability.

ohh I do. I've seen plenty of impressive numbers out of DSMs, can't argue with that.

I just haven't seen hardly any reliable DSMs. even if you're at the track, you want some kind of reliability.

Comes from improper modification. Ricers and their desire to go fast. Sure, I'm increasing the HP output of my Talon, but I'm also doing it right, with quality parts. Once I install the new turbo and cams and such, I'll have it towed to the tuners. Not even going to drive it the 10 miles required.

Comes from improper modification. Ricers and their desire to go fast. Sure, I'm increasing the HP output of my Talon, but I'm also doing it right, with quality parts. Once I install the new turbo and cams and such, I'll have it towed to the tuners. Not even going to drive it the 10 miles required.

i look forward to seeing yours (no sarcasm here). gotta appreciate time and money spent in a vehicle, when it's done tastefully. i doubt i will ever be a DSM fan, but maybe you can prove a reliable one. be an accomplishment in my book for sure. :thumbsup:

i look forward to seeing yours (no sarcasm here). gotta appreciate time and money spent in a vehicle, when it's done tastefully. i doubt i will ever be a DSM fan, but maybe you can prove a reliable one. be an accomplishment in my book for sure.:thumbsup:

I just want to hit 400 WHP, *without* major reliability issues. Cars do break down. It won't happen overnight. In fact it will probably be a year or more before I get close to 400. Right now I just want it running again.

I just want to hit 400 WHP, *without* major reliability issues. Cars do break down. It won't happen overnight. In fact it will probably be a year or more before I get close to 400. Right now I just want it running again.

i'm shooting for 210 naturally aspirated on the sol. haven't figured out all the plans yet, but i don't think it's too much of a stretch.

210 won't be easy...

I don't like DSM's because they're heavy, and I don't like how they built them (not talking quality, but the engineers must have been on crack when they laid everything out in them).

210 won't be easy...

I don't like DSM's because they're heavy, and I don't like how they built them (not talking quality, but the engineers must have been on crack when they laid everything out in them).

Just under 2800 pounds. Sure, heavier than a Civic, but they're not *that* heavy. With the power they can produce, they more than make up for their added weight. Which systems are you talking about poor layout of. I've noticed anything horribly out of place.

i'm shooting for 210 naturally aspirated on the sol. haven't figured out all the plans yet, but i don't think it's too much of a stretch.

Wow, Hope you have deep pockets.

Question, Why N/A?

Oh and as far as DSMs go. Good luck with reliability, hell those things don't like being stock, let alone "built".

Theres a kid around here that has, last I heard, close to 1000awhp. (1g) Its pretty sick, especially on the streets. :)

Wow, Hope you have deep pockets.

Question, Why N/A?

Oh and as far as DSMs go. Good luck with reliability, hell those things don't like being stock, let alone "built".

Theres a kid around here that has, last I heard, close to 1000awhp. (1g) Its pretty sick, especially on the streets. :)

Reliability issues come from poor tuning. You can't just slap on a bigger turbo, and go. Even a Honda, improperly modified will not be reliable.

Archived