Function and Form Type 1's

CleanGSR

Yeah thats definitely one of the negatives I'm learning about cars, you really gotta go on your better judgement/guess. Hopefully it works out for you. If your roads are not that bad around there potholes and just bumps, speed bump galore, etc. I think you'd be very content with the F&F's.

Yeah thats definitely one of the negatives I'm learning about cars, you really gotta go on your better judgement/guess. Hopefully it works out for you. If your roads are not that bad around there potholes and just bumps, speed bump galore, etc. I think you'd be very content with the F&F's.

Actually, our roads are pretty dang crappy. THat's one of the problems I'm having. MY integra's setup was about as stiff as I can take probably. I might be better off with something like H&R Sports on Tokico Blues. I think I can get that setup for about 450 which would leave enough money for some decent looking wheels.

HX Rims will be nice on an EF2, so long as you never plan on a big brake kit.

ED6 actually, but yeah, HX rims should look nice since it's such a tiny car.

It's one of them..Not really relevant.

Good drop on HX rims will look hot..even VX rims would look nice.

No, but my point is that people around here talk about the JDM chassis codes. For years I was always confused because my hatch was an ED6, and everybody kept calling them EFs.

Yeah, I think you guys are right....EF's are the JDM chassis code ED's are the USDM.

I should get a plate that says

NOTAEF

Totally. I was always confused by using the JDM chassis codes when all of our cars were USDM.

Nate I got the type 1's on the Del Sol right now and they are pretty stiff, alot stiffer than the stock suspension thats for sure. But I'm also riding on 17's with LP crappy tires till I get those swapped out and add some more rubber, Im sure thats some of my problem. But I got no beef with them affordable coilovers, if your looking for an adjustible setup than they're a steal IMO. If you do alot of highway driving they're not so bad, city roads (especially crappy columbus roads) they kind of suck though.

Just got to wondering....have you ridden in any other setups to compare yours too? Do you know what they spring rates are on the Type 1's?

I'm leaning toward just getting Tokico Blues and some H&R Sports to save money. Shoot...I'm even considering throwing some S-tech's on my stock shocks since they only have 45,000 miles on them....I just can't find any pictures to see what kind of drop those give.

My vote is definitely for the F&F.

I pimp them on the sedan now, Jarrod has them on his Sol and Nancy was the one that turned me onto them in the first place. The ride is stiff, but to my untrained butt it feels about as stiff comfort-wise as the tokico blues on the sol. The package set from tokico only dropped the sol 1.25, the F&F on the sedan dumped it well over 2+ and I have a lot more thread to go lower if I want.

Not a great picture, but I still have over an inch left to go lower if I didn't rub so bad.

DSCF1901.jpg

My vote is definitely for the F&F.

I pimp them on the sedan now, Jarrod has them on his Sol and Nancy was the one that turned me onto them in the first place. The ride is stiff, but to my untrained butt it feels about as stiff comfort-wise as the tokico blues on the sol. The package set from tokico only dropped the sol 1.25, the F&F on the sedan dumped it well over 2+ and I have a lot more thread to go lower if I want.

Not a great picture, but I still have over an inch left to go lower if I didn't rub so bad.

DSCF1901.jpg

Thanks for the reply. The height of your sedan is about the height that I'd like to put my hatch. It's also nice to know that you still have more left to drop with it that low.

It sounds like the FF's are stiff, but probably no stiffer than my Ground Control's and illumina's on 2/3. If that's the case, I'll be happy. About 95% of the posts I see about them, the people are thrilled to death with the way they ride. I'll probably order a set Saturday after I pick up the car. I'll just have to get the car home first to see if the LCA's are seized so I know whether to order LCA's too.

A small bit of advice on the F&F. There are limited suppliers on them and the prices seem to vary by quite a lot. I was able to get my best price through HT via RobearRacing's user. I just PM'ed him for the HT discount price and it was considerably cheaper then their website list price.

Archived