There is frozen water inside my b18c1

When I put my swap in, I only used water in the radiator just to see if it worked and I forgot that's all that was in there and now it's freezing outside.

Is it too late? Can I thaw it somehow and then put antifreeze in it?

I know I should not try to start it, but does anyone have any suggestions? This is making me depressed. :(

I was thinking of putting a space heater in front of it for a day or so.

sounds good, do you have a garage you could park it in and do that? maybe i'm being and idiot and you're planning on doing this anyways.

hopefully the jackets wernt filled otherwise its a good chance its already cracked... drain it out and warm the block and let it contiue to drain...good luck man i know thatll suck horribly if its too late.

maybe not boiling hot but warm. i bet if you drained the radiator and just poured the anitfreeze mixture in and remove the thermostat for a little while it would work its way through. that is assuming the radiator hasn't completely frozen up.

hopefully the jackets wernt filled otherwise its a good chance its already cracked... drain it out and warm the block and let it contiue to drain...good luck man i know thatll suck horribly if its too late.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran the engine (drove it) for at least 45 minutes before I parked it. There would have been water in the jackets. It hasn't gotten tooo cold. Maybe like 28 degrees.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran the engine (drove it) for at least 45 minutes before I parked it. There would have been water in the jackets. It hasn't gotten tooo cold. Maybe like 28 degrees.

unfortunately whats the temperature for freezing? tonight coming home from the bar a sign said it was 22* F in wareham MA...this happened back in the day to my well grandfather who gave a really nice(supposedly) T-bird to my uncle.grandfather said you need to drain the water out before winter hits otherwise the block will crack..well my uncle wasnt the brightest and didnt drain the block. it cracked, and well they got rid of a sweet t-bird..granted that was also an iron block versus an aluminum one...hopefully the aluminum will be...more forgiving.

Archived