winter driving tips!

C92hatchX

Seems like it'd be a bit worse than riding the clutch, which = burning clutch. *shrugs* could be wrong, I've never done either, so I don't know.

Starting in 3rd will wear the clutch out quicker. I had a Mustang that had a bum 1st gear. Always started in 2nd, and probably 1/2'd the life of the clutch.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting in 3rd will wear the clutch out quicker. I had a Mustang that had a bum 1st gear. Always started in 2nd, and probably 1/2'd the life of the clutch.

^Thanks for the backup :thumbsup:

So, I guess the best way to say this is, if your wheels spin starting in first, let off the gas, drop it into second, and try again, gently. And don't do it if you don't need to. Agreed?

The only advice I can give for winter driving is to post here before you go out and about letting us know where you are heading.

So that we may all avoid the death trap known as a teenage drive in the snow that has not gone out and really learned how to drive in it.

Spare us all and let us know where you are going out to so that we may avoid certain doom.

Archived