New old guy

Mafdark

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For time attack all I am really doing it tweaking the performance for a little more power up top with the quickest spool possible. To fit into the "street class" I need to add a cat and get less sticky tires... which is crap, I should be allowed into the class with the car the way I drive it on the street

yea i agree, the tire thing isnt cool...i mean if i rember correct you're running advan dot r-comps right? anyways youd prob burn em up quickly and a tire that needs more heat would prob be more beneficial.

I rented out the garage with a couple of friends for winter... and of course I can't help myself as soon as it got too cold out for the car I brought it in and started tearing it down. The car is nearly stripped right now and ready for the next setup. (nearly the entire current setup is for sale)

I was thinking that garage was a bit big for a house but at the same time I've seen bigger, so nothings impossible. I wish I had that kind of room to work on my car. Sounds pretty nice, you swapping over to b-series I would assume? K-series seems a touch much for auto-x otherwise I would have said that.

the tires I am on now are the R-comps, but theyre for road racing, they wont heat up until 1 or 2 full laps at a road course. Anything else would really be a downgrade.

The next setup is nearly identical but with V-bands for quick release and change ups... and a backdoor intercooler with shorter charge piping.

If I decide to stick to the street class and not step up to modified I may be stepping up to some real wide 17's and doing fender flares or soemthing. Traction is not a real strong point with this thing.

Pearce finally talked me into signing up on here. I believe this completes my membership on every honda forum that ever existed... from honda-tech, turbod, d-series, solsociety, hmt, and the list goes on and on.

I am in the process of tweaking my Sol which over the last few winters to compete in autocross, to compete in time attack next summer. I am typically a real understated type of guy and the Sol goes by nearly unnoticed at meets. so i'll let you all in on a secret: This is one of the best built street driven Sol's in the country.

Enough talk and on to the pictures:

A full detailed thread of my build can be found on HT: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1941645

so modest.. however u have reason to brag. very nice.

also it is my duty to request noodz. i'll check my PM box when i get home from work.

the crash bar is the big bar that goes accross the front end before u put the front bumper on. the vis techno r front bumper which i own will not fit over it unless u do alot of modification.

011.jpg

thats the crash bar

i joined the air force about 3 1/2 years ago and this were i ended up. the climate is actallu pretty close to what NY has. just make the average temperature about 10-12 degrees colder.

its a quick and good looking car. if i get home in april i'm gonna try and see if i can take my car out maybe get a couple others and we'll have a little mini-meet.

Archived