New old guy

Mafdark

Pearce finally talked me into signing up on here. I believe this completes my membership on every honda forum that ever existed... from honda-tech, turbod, d-series, solsociety, hmt, and the list goes on and on.

I am in the process of tweaking my Sol which over the last few winters to compete in autocross, to compete in time attack next summer. I am typically a real understated type of guy and the Sol goes by nearly unnoticed at meets. so i'll let you all in on a secret: This is one of the best built street driven Sol's in the country.

Enough talk and on to the pictures:

IMG_2387-1.jpg

IMG_2386-1.jpg

n24416840_33170894_1124-1.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

img_5790.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

A full detailed thread of my build can be found on HT: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1941645

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you ever ran 1/4?

I tuned at the drag strip doing 3rd gear pulls. Everyone was asking why I was running 15's. :ninja:

The videos are from the first autocross event with the new setup. so let me start with "excuses"

the tires are A032R H tires so they never warmed up, sway bar wasnt dialed in, LSD broke a washer during tuning and was not working effectively... and all in all I wasn't driving up to snuff

This is one of the best built street driven Sol's in the country.

I would have to agree there as it's gotta be one of the best modified Del Sol's I've seen online and otherwise. I didn't know you had that ASR sway bar/subframe brace combo as that's reallly nice. How do you like it? Can you feel a big difference?

Welcome by the way, it's been a while since I've seen you post on SS too.

I didn't think you were pushing that much boost but that's pretty nice.

Yea that bumper posted above is the same one, different names, same bumper.

For time attack all I am really doing it tweaking the performance for a little more power up top with the quickest spool possible. To fit into the "street class" I need to add a cat and get less sticky tires... which is crap, I should be allowed into the class with the car the way I drive it on the street

really nice sol man, dont think ive seen that many pictures of it before.

youre in the albany area right? i'm really close to there, we should meet up sometime and i can take some of your parts :)

really nice sol man, dont think ive seen that many pictures of it before.

youre in the albany area right? i'm really close to there, we should meet up sometime and i can take some of your parts :)

I was, but I am in the Rochester area now, I really wont be back "home" for a while.

As for how much I have into it, I have no idea. I have been through so many different setup and I've bought and sold so many parts for profit its impossible to figure it out.

Yea that bumper posted above is the same one, different names, same bumper.

For time attack all I am really doing it tweaking the performance for a little more power up top with the quickest spool possible. To fit into the "street class" I need to add a cat and get less sticky tires... which is crap, I should be allowed into the class with the car the way I drive it on the street

You didn't include this picture....you bastard. I have to say I like this picture. Is that for the winter or just working on the car?

IMG_0449.jpg

You didn't include this picture....you bastard. I have to say I like this picture. Is that for the winter or just working on the car?

IMG_0449.jpg

I rented out the garage with a couple of friends for winter... and of course I can't help myself as soon as it got too cold out for the car I brought it in and started tearing it down. The car is nearly stripped right now and ready for the next setup. (nearly the entire current setup is for sale)

Archived