New Steering Wheel?

SLAW011

Ok. I am looking to get a new steering wheel. How to I remove the OEM steering wheel without the airbaig going off, or is that not a concern at all. i would imagine that it would not go off but i would just like to double check with you guys.

first off, disconnerct the battery. for air bag purposes

-remove the plastic covers behind it

-you need the star shaped wrenches to take the screws from the side

-pull off the front, unbolt the nut holding the wheel

-disconnect horn wire and airbag wires

after you remove it, your SRS light will stay on. just take the bulb out, thats what i did.

youll need an aftermarket hub to mount an aftermarket wheel.

unless you get another oem honda wheel, itll bolt back on.

i still wanna do the s2k wheel in mine :drool:

me want the momo (mugen lookalike) steering wheel! :thumbsup:

i wonder if they do custom orders, so i can get takata green stitch :p

the honda CTR and ITR wheels are pretty cool. i dont really like the look of aftermarket ones without airbags

Yeah sometimes they may not look the best but that's where function over form comes into play. I bought my aftermarket wheel a few weeks ago simply because I wanted something better(leather) and also smaller because I'm tall(in a small car) and it looks sweet anyhow.

Plus the aftermarket wheels have the option of making it removable for when you have a cage or incase of theft. I don't believe you can do that with a stock wheel but I could be wrong.

me want the momo (mugen lookalike) steering wheel! :thumbsup:

i wonder if they do custom orders, so i can get takata green stitch :p

momo FTW with a quick relese even better :thumbsup: and if you can do custom orders and put the green stitch in that would be sick :drool: mine is the basic red stitch but its still sexy :laugh:

i mostly like the mugen steering wheels but that would look pretty retarded to have a evo with a mugen wheel, LMAO! i figure, why not get the momo look a like and try to find a ralliart button insert :p

Archived