strip bolt???

jkm345

I was wondering if there is any tools for a strip bolt???one of the bolts i have, broke and is in the hole and i cant get it out, i tried those drill strip bolts thingy and it doesnt even make a hole in the strip bolt..any other tools or should i seek a shop to do it for me??

I was wondering if there is any tools for a strip bolt???one of the bolts i have, broke and is in the hole and i cant get it out, i tried those drill strip bolts thingy and it doesnt even make a hole in the strip bolt..any other tools or should i seek a shop to do it for me??

Can you drill a hole in the center of bolt and use a EZ out???

Dwayne, i did appreciate the blowtorch post too! :laugh:

i'm not sure if i understand what tool you used?

have you tried something like a craftsman bolt-out? Irwin makes a similar kit, they sell them at my Napa and obviously Craftsman at Sears/Kmart.

Worked wonders for me :thumbsup:

what i used is a drill tool, couldnt even make a dent in the broken screw, the screw that broke is the screw that holds the camshaft plate to the head, thus holding the camshaft, i would appreciate some pictures if u guys can, just to get an idea of how it looks like!

p/s. i dont think i can use blow-torch, what would i do after it gets all hott and red?? there is also a broke headers bolt

rephrase on that, yes!!i did use a EZ stud remover, it didnt make a hole in the bole, not one bit!!!my drill bit made a dent in it more then the EZ stud remover, im stuck with no directions to turn, considering my headers bolt is in an area where my drill is too big and wont fit!!

rephrase on that, yes!!i did use a EZ stud remover, it didnt make a hole in the bole, not one bit!!!my drill bit made a dent in it more then the EZ stud remover, im stuck with no directions to turn, considering my headers bolt is in an area where my drill is too big and wont fit!!

What drill bit are you using?

Cobalt bits FTMFW! :thumbsup:

yeah um dude you need to get a better bit, there is no way you got diamond bolts hehe.

just go pick up a new bit (or sharpen the one you have) make sure you keep it oiled, and drill SLOW and EVEN.

yeah um dude you need to get a better bit, there is no way you got diamond bolts hehe.

just go pick up a new bit (or sharpen the one you have) make sure you keep it oiled, and drill SLOW and EVEN.

You can buy cobalt bits individually! :drool: Like he said, good amount of pressure and slow to medium speed! :thumbsup:

Also general rule of thumb, is fast and light pressure for wood, slow and medium pressure for metal! Oil is a must too!

:thumbsup:

if its just an exhaust manny to head bolt your talking about , just leave it out and hope it doesnt leak. if it does , than of course youl have to do something about it. and the answer is above.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/all.../Bolt-OutEd.jpg

don't mind the price, they're like $20 for a kit half that size.

very valuable kit, i have used mine twice and IMO paid for itself.

Irwin bolt grip is sold at Napa, same thing :thumbsup:

Usually you have to put some pressure to get it on, I usually use a hammer. Where your bolt is located you might have to use a little thinking, but shouldn't be too awfully hard.

Archived