94 integra gsr

pdx94gsr

as for the intake, i'd just buy an ebay cold air intake :thumbsup: .

it'll run you around $40-$50, and aluminum pipe is aluminum pipe.

paint/powdercoat it to suit your color choice if necessary.

Tis aluminum i say anodize! :thumbsup:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just about 5 minutes ago, I just realized that the last person that owned this car lived in RI and then I thought about the coast and remember seeing rust on the engineicon8.gif.....how BAD is that? The car runs great and it is in very good condition, aside for needing a paint job, but it's doesn't need it in a bit.

Should I be really concerned? Should I start hunting for a new engine?

So just about 5 minutes ago, I just realized that the last person that owned this car lived in RI and then I thought about the coast and remember seeing rust on the engineicon8.gif.....how BAD is that? The car runs great and it is in very good condition, aside for needing a paint job, but it's doesn't need it in a bit.

Should I be really concerned? Should I start hunting for a new engine?

pic? rust on what part of the engine??

I can't take a picture atm, but will be able to tomorrow. The rust that I have noticed is at the oil dip stick. It's on the metal where that is located. I haven't noticed it anywhere else.

I can't take a picture atm, but will be able to tomorrow. The rust that I have noticed is at the oil dip stick. It's on the metal where that is located. I haven't noticed it anywhere else.

not 100% for sure, but i believe you're referring to the exhaust manifold or the exhaust manifold heat shield. Neither are any thing to be worried about, everyone that has one more than a year has a rusty one :thumbsup: you can still post a pic to give us a better idea. a header will take care of that :thumbsup:

if i understand you correctly :)

I'll just take pictures of the car completely and get an overall opinion on the interior, exterior and engine compartment. I think other peoples opinions will help me out anyways. I should of done this when opening the post.

I'll just take pictures of the car completely and get an overall opinion on the interior, exterior and engine compartment. I think other peoples opinions will help me out anyways. I should of done this when opening the post.

good idea :thumbsup:

we on this site LOVE pics.

you will learn this soon :devil:

Hey I just noticed, we has another Northwest connection! :thumbsup: Where abouts in Oregon?

Gresham, it's near portland, but I think you probably know that. Hence, PDX94gsr icon4.gif. Where abouts are you from?

Oh, cool. I used to live in Payette idaho and Idaho falls. Hated both places. I like it further north by the pan handle. Loved the scenery

Well, I got my pictures taken after class and I'm ready to post them, but I have to blur out the plates and you guys have to promise to not pay attention to the un-vacuumed floors =/. If you guys don't mind some randon crap on the floors, I'll post them. First though, I have to check the rules for pictures posting.

Oh, cool. I used to live in Payette idaho and Idaho falls. Hated both places. I like it further north by the pan handle. Loved the scenery

Well, I got my pictures taken after class and I'm ready to post them, but I have to blur out the plates and you guys have to promise to not pay attention to the un-vacuumed floors =/. If you guys don't mind some randon crap on the floors, I'll post them. First though, I have to check the rules for pictures posting.

Naaked women are ok! :thumbsup::devil: :drool:

trying to get my buddy to give me ftp:// so i can have some space to host the pictures to provide links to them. ...not sure how i'll host them otherwise... I could usae imgshack i suppose =/

Here's several pictures, please excuse the random crap on my floor. Pretty embarrassing.

dscn0364he9.jpg

dscn0367re2.jpg

dscn0368ds8.jpg

dscn0369pb2.jpg

dscn0370tm7.jpg

dscn0371wx9.jpg

dscn0372mj1.jpg

dscn0373te6.jpg

dscn0374oi2.jpg

I showed the only "damage" the exterior had and what i thought was "damage" in the engine compartment. Other than what i thought was "damage" and the crap on my floor, the car is flawless.

Here's several pictures, please excuse the random crap on my floor. Pretty embarrassing.

dscn0372mj1.jpg

dscn0373te6.jpg

dscn0374oi2.jpg

I showed the only "damage" the exterior had and what i thought was "damage" in the engine compartment. Other than what i thought was "damage" and the crap on my floor, the car is flawless.

car looks great man! really nice find, congrats and props! :thumbsup:

the rust you're referring to is inevitable, and that's the exhaust manifold heat shield.

the exhaust manifold underneath that shield is 500x more rusty! But that again is inevitable.

If you get a header, your engine bay will look cleaner while gaining a few horsepower.

I would also either paint (if you're good with a spray can :thumbsup: ) or powdercoat your valve cover.

Take some baking soda toothpaste to the passenger side headlights, should clear up the yellowing.

After that, maybe get the top of the car painted to match.

Those are the first things I'd do, along with a Cold air intake

car looks great man! really nice find, congrats and props! :thumbsup:

the rust you're referring to is inevitable, and that's the exhaust manifold heat shield.

the exhaust manifold underneath that shield is 500x more rusty! But that again is inevitable.

If you get a header, your engine bay will look cleaner while gaining a few horsepower.

I would also either paint (if you're good with a spray can :thumbsup: ) or powdercoat your valve cover.

Take some baking soda toothpaste to the passenger side headlights, should clear up the yellowing.

After that, maybe get the top of the car painted to match.

Those are the first things I'd do, along with a Cold air intake

I'm still debating on the cold air intake, I know you guys have said that an ebay special will work and that it's generally two tubes, but are they bent in the direction specifically for the 94' gsr so the filter will be in the optimum place? That headlights on the right side that are yellow have moisture in them, I need to fix a seal i think and replace the bulbs. What are good quality bulbs? Thanks for the advise on the yellow cleansing though. Well, I'm pretty stoked on the car because it was a gem of a find. I 'm not sure about doing any paint work yet since I'm probably going to have to paint a number of objects new hood, skirts, lip, bumpers. I'll more then likely change the color of the car by a darker tint and doing it all at once will probably be cheaper.

Now as far as the whole 4 door thing....how bad is this when it comes to wanting to tune the car to be faster?

Thanks for the comment btw

Looks pretty good, how much did that run you?

4885. It has 164k miles. It was below blue book, but being that economy is crap, I think I should of walked away and had them drop the price. What do you think of the price?

Archived