Buying parts

im keeping intill a trade comes along or if i fix the body before that then ill def keep it, and im talkin about like intakes and exhaust, suspension, (not my o2 sensor i found that out the hard way)

im keeping intill a trade comes along or if i fix the body before that then ill def keep it, and im talkin about like intakes and exhaust, suspension, (not my o2 sensor i found that out the hard way)

intake exhaust and suspension just look for 92-95 civic the model doesnt matter but i might be wrong about the suspension but i dont think so lol pretty sure it doesnt matter at all for the 3 parts your looking to buy

im lookin into a cold air intake, my question on that is are the engine bays different in other models, i.e. one part is in a different place on an ex then on my vx which could get in the way of the cold air intake

and, i dont think the exhaust would matter much

im lookin into a cold air intake, my question on that is are the engine bays different in other models, i.e. one part is in a different place on an ex then on my vx which could get in the way of the cold air intake

and, i dont think the exhaust would matter much

I wouldn't bet on the exhaust, the VX model is probably the pickiest SOB out there, once you start screwing with it! >_< As far as CAI do you oly have the one hose running to stock one?

hmmm well then ill just stick with parts listing vx, and yea its only one i do belive

That should be ok then on CAI, but you start monkeying around with exhaust, you might encounter problems?? Someone correct me if I am wrong, cause thats purely an assumption! With setup for lean burn, and special ECU, and E-VTEC I just dont know?? :crazy:

I honestly don't know how a CAI, header and exhaust would effect lean burn. Personally I would expect the CAI to have more of an effect on it than anything else. The cooler air coming into the engine would probably have the most effect on it since it would be the main reason for you to run lean/rich.

Edit: Okay, I did a little searching and the 2 most important things for your lean burn engine are the O2 sensor and the catalytic converter. Very, very close behind that is the Intake. I'd be willing to bet that if you swap out to a short ram or cold air intake that your car will not go into lean burn anymore. Most likely your car will be getting too much oxygen and the car will look at it as not a light enough "load" and won't enter lean burn. I would highly suggest leaving the stock intake intact and never mess with the catalytic converter. The lean burn engines use a specific type of cat so if you ever change it, make sure you get one specifically for the VX model. Personally, your best bet is to not mod that car at all otherwise your incredible gas mileage will suffer more than most cars.

If anything a Warm/Hot Air intake setup and/or higher temp thermostat would increase FE better on that car more than most since those mods would make the car enter lean burn more often/easily. You have a VX man......seriously, don't mod for performance, mod your way to 60+mpg.

Edit 2: For what it's worth, I would kill to have a VX and I am confident that with I could mod it and driving style to get over 70mpg with one. If I ever find one that runs for cheap I'll pick it up just to try it. Do you know how easy it would be to re-sell for profit a civic that gets 70mpg or better.

Well, the VX is a good model to build, but you'd obviously want to swap the motor first thing. It's good because it's one of the (if not THE) lightest civics of the 5th gens and it's already wired for VTEC for your swap.

My point is that if you are leaving the motor that is in the VX then build it for what it's strong points are.....gas mileage. If you can afford to swap it, a B16 or B18C1 would be a fairly straightforward swap on the VX. You could even swap in a D16z6 for just a little more pep if you're on a budget......just don't try to get performance out of the VX motor.

uuuugh, all i want to do is build a car!!!!! :sad: , im just going to fix the tail lights mirror clean it up real good and get rid of it i guess :glare:

I agree with everything Nate said! :thumbsup: Those were my concerns, he was just not as lazy as me, and I had to go to work!

I also agree with what you just said! If you can get rust fixed and fixed right for the $350 you keep mentioning, do that, and the tails, and rotors (if that it wobble) Then sell sell sell! If closer I would give you $1500 possibly as is! :thumbsup:

well i ordered new tails so i should get them some time next week, but i want a new mirror just for the driver side the pass has a plate on it so its fine, so i just need on 02 sensor which i should get friday but if that warehouse dosnt have it im going to augies imports, its a junk yard with nothing but imports so ill just snag one if a find one, then the body then sell cause i dont have money for a swap and id have to pay a shop to swap it due to my lack of knowlede, then once everything is fixed ill save up money and then when the cars gone add it all together and buy something good, something i can build

well i ordered new tails so i should get them some time next week, but i want a new mirror just for the driver side the pass has a plate on it so its fine, so i just need on 02 sensor which i should get friday but if that warehouse dosnt have it im going to augies imports, its a junk yard with nothing but imports so ill just snag one if a find one, then the body then sell cause i dont have money for a swap and id have to pay a shop to swap it due to my lack of knowlede, then once everything is fixed ill save up money and then when the cars gone add it all together and buy something good, something i can build

You are wise! :thumbsup:

Archived