pics of my first sol

hiemsnox

here are a few pics of my first del sol that i got last week. i paid 2200 for it and the only things i have done are a CAI, new spark plugs, and distrubiter, and i have strut bars and drilled and slotted roters in the mail and i got the front calipers painted today. so take a look and tell me what u guys think. o and i got a tip for the exhaust now cause i really dont feel like putting the money out for a full system and i wont go cheap on that part cause i hate the weed wacker sound that comes from a cheap exhaust.

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0057.jpg

IMGP0056.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

IMGP0027.jpg

IMGP0032.jpg

IMGP0033.jpg

Looks pretty good, especially for just $2200. Looks a little beat up, but not abused like mine was. Congrats, welcome to the gang.

For exhaust, just find a small muffler shop. I had to get a full catback on mine just 2 weeks ago to pass inspection, only cost $291. I assume you didn't make my mistake and buy it without getting it checked out?

Glad to see you got one :thumbsup: They're a lot of fun. Not a bad price at all, and although not perfect, looks like less work than mine required. I would recommend stopping that rust before it gets any further like mine was in the quarter panels when I bought it >_< Any plans so far? Good start though, I'm liking it! Interior/under hood pics? PLEASE??? o:)

i'll try to get some more pics of under the hood and everything else as soon as i can. i havent done any work under the hood yet so.. its still looking like a stock sohc vtec. and besides the rust the only Real problem that the car had was a alignment that was so far off that im surprised it drove straight... but i got all of that fixed and 2 new tires put on (they came with the car) all for $15 cause i knew the guy at the shop...

damage wise the front bumber is messed up from the girl turning to sharp in a parking garage and scraping it on a wall or something and i'm not sure how bad it was but there was some rear end damage cause the bumper and filler panel dont seem to match paint with the rest of the car and the bumper is missing a few clips.

and the same guy from the shop is going to help me bondo some of the rust spots up

out of curiousity does anyone know if we can get new rear quarter panels? cause if u notice i didnt show the right side in pics... thats the bad rust side... and i would rather just try to get a whole new piece

and the same guy from the shop is going to help me bondo some of the rust spots up

out of curiousity does anyone know if we can get new rear quarter panels? cause if u notice i didnt show the right side in pics... thats the bad rust side... and i would rather just try to get a whole new piece

You can't just bondo the rust and have the problem solved. You need new quarters for both sides. Honda sells them.

I'd like to see the rust, mine was all the way through but I'm grinding it out and patching instead of replacing the whole quarter.

well the driver side rear wheel well is rusted through right on the mounting bracket for the bumper... thats really my only reason for wanting a new panel... other that that i most likely can bondo in a new bracket

well the driver side rear wheel well is rusted through right on the mounting bracket for the bumper... thats really my only reason for wanting a new panel... other that that i most likely can bondo in a new bracket

More rust is going to come through on the panel, so it's best to replace the entire panel with a new one. Bondo isn't going to be a long-term solution. Patching isn't worth it on the del Sol (had to be the fastest-spreading rust on a Honda I've seen yet), unless the car isn't going to see the elements again.

More rust is going to come through on the panel, so it's best to replace the entire panel with a new one. Bondo isn't going to be a long-term solution. Patching isn't worth it on the del Sol (had to be the fastest-spreading rust on a Honda I've seen yet), unless the car isn't going to see the elements again.

(Not trying to be an ass here o:) ). What is the difference between replacing a quarter panel and grinding the metal back to where the rust began? I had a shop tell me that the only way to get rid of the rust would be to replace the whole panel, but I see no difference in cutting past the rust and patching in a panel? It's the same concept. (Like I said, not trying to be a jerk, just wondering if there was a logical explanation for this?)

replacing it would be cutting the WHOLE thing off and getting a completely new rear 1/4 panel. The other way is cutting holes out where the rust is and welding in new sheet metal.

replacing it would be cutting the WHOLE thing off and getting a completely new rear 1/4 panel. The other way is cutting holes out where the rust is and welding in new sheet metal.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I understand the physical difference between patching and replacing a quarter. What I'm asking is what difference does it make which one you choose?

The quarters that are on the car and have rusted through have been exposed to the elements. You can patch it and repair the spots that are currently rusted through, but other spots will come through soon enough, so you're better off replacing the quarter (at least from the body line down) to save yourself the hassle of having to do more patchwork in the near future.

The rust started coming through on my Sol about 2 years ago, and has quickly taken over. This puts the rust coming through in 2006, making the car 11-12 years old by the time it started. I'll be replacing my quarters as well when the time and funds are available to do so, because I'll know then that it'll be rust-free for many years to come.

The quarters that are on the car and have rusted through have been exposed to the elements. You can patch it and repair the spots that are currently rusted through, but other spots will come through soon enough, so you're better off replacing the quarter (at least from the body line down) to save yourself the hassle of having to do more patchwork in the near future.

The rust started coming through on my Sol about 2 years ago, and has quickly taken over. This puts the rust coming through in 2006, making the car 11-12 years old by the time it started. I'll be replacing my quarters as well when the time and funds are available to do so, because I'll know then that it'll be rust-free for many years to come.

Okay thanks, I had wondered about that. At the price of quarter panels and my body skills LOL, I'm patching for now. Hopefully that will hold up till I hit 200k, if so then I'll be happy.

Archived