1997 Accord LX Sedan

CleanGSR

Well, here's a few pictures of my new car. I've had time to wash it and clean the undercarriage and engine bay. Tinted the rear three windows (still need to do the front sides. Car needs a good full blown detail but not sure when I'll have time to get to that......hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

DSC_5247.jpg

DSC_5246.jpg

DSC_5250.jpg

DSC_5251.jpg

DSC_5244.jpg

First up is a set of S-tech's to get rid of the 4x4, then some stock accord wheels.

I had the same car but mine was maroon. I totally miss it!! I wrecked it racing and sold the car with the basic bolt ons included. I didn't have time to strip the car to put back in the stock parts! Here is a picture of it in 1996. I was proud of my bodykit at the time, okay?!

accord.jpg

Hey, for a body kit, that's not bad. Once I drop my car, I'd like to get the Mugen styled front lip and paint it to match. That style lip looks good on these cars since the front bumper is kind of squared off.

I'm really loving this car. The auto tranny is and lets me be lazy, and the car rides so comfy that I'm really loving it. Hard to believe that I picked it up for just over half what I sold the integra for.

Yeah, me too. However, I definitely do not miss the fact that I washed my car 3 days ago and it still looks clean.

Pictures do come out effin awesome with that camera of yours. BIIIG difference from mine.

Car looks in sexellent condition

Pictures do come out effin awesome with that camera of yours. BIIIG difference from mine.

Car looks in sexellent condition

Thanks. Those weren't even shot in raw, just Jpg fine for some quick pics. I must say that my camera does a nice job. I had the 50mm on for these which put me half way accross the yard to get the car full frame lol...

So....I've been doing a little researching and it seems that the F22b2 takes extremely well to boost and adding a tranny cooler will make it where the auto tranny has no problems for moderate 200ish hp/tq range.

I saw a dyno graph from one guy running a little T25 at 7psi and he was hitting 5psi by 1800rpms and full boost soon after. He was making right at 200whp and 211 lb/ft of torque. Those torque numbers should make this car pretty quick, so it looks like I may end up boosting this car down the road. Schweet.

Supposedly, the F22b2 has one of the best flowing heads from Honda. I haven't verified this, but that's what all the guys on an accord forum I joined are saying.

Thanks. Those weren't even shot in raw, just Jpg fine for some quick pics. I must say that my camera does a nice job. I had the 50mm on for these which put me half way accross the yard to get the car full frame lol...

So....I've been doing a little researching and it seems that the F22b2 takes extremely well to boost and adding a tranny cooler will make it where the auto tranny has no problems for moderate 200ish hp/tq range.

I saw a dyno graph from one guy running a little T25 at 7psi and he was hitting 5psi by 1800rpms and full boost soon after. He was making right at 200whp and 211 lb/ft of torque. Those torque numbers should make this car pretty quick, so it looks like I may end up boosting this car down the road. Schweet.

Supposedly, the F22b2 has one of the best flowing heads from Honda. I haven't verified this, but that's what all the guys on an accord forum I joined are saying.

When you're ready talk to me. I might have a spare T25 laying around.

I thought it was some teins then your done!?

Tein's, stock accord SE or EX wheels, then I'm done and by done I mean in the immediate future. Turbo stuff won't come for at least a year or so and even then I may decide to "upgrade" to something with less miles first. Turbo is just a long term option more than anything, especially after seeing how well the auto accords can do boosted.

My wife knows that I plan to put some Tein S-tech's on it and possibly look for some stock wheels to replace the hubcaps. She's fine with that. The s-tech's won't get bought probably until I sell the stock del sol wheels to fund them. The EX or SE wheels won't come until probably first part of next year (February or March). I'm in no big hurry with this car and am just enjoying it for what it is......a comfortable family sedan.

Tein's, stock accord SE or EX wheels, then I'm done and by done I mean in the immediate future. Turbo stuff won't come for at least a year or so and even then I may decide to "upgrade" to something with less miles first. Turbo is just a long term option more than anything, especially after seeing how well the auto accords can do boosted.

My wife knows that I plan to put some Tein S-tech's on it and possibly look for some stock wheels to replace the hubcaps. She's fine with that. The s-tech's won't get bought probably until I sell the stock del sol wheels to fund them. The EX or SE wheels won't come until probably first part of next year (February or March). I'm in no big hurry with this car and am just enjoying it for what it is......a comfortable family sedan.

A year or more works for that turbo as well. By then I should've upgraded to a 16G or something.

Archived