My front end

Bivic-sauce

Well i got a 95 civic dx coupe. and the front tires are wearing very un evanly. the out side of the tires are down to the metle and the rims look liek they slant in from the top. when i got the car the kid said the coilovers were taken out. have no clue what they put in. and its been raining all day yesterday till early this morning and im not going on the ground to look. I put brand new tires on my rims and dont want to put the fronts on cus of this wear.. any typical reason why this would wear so crappy. ill try to get pics up soon. this pisses me off tho.

So if coilovers were removed, are you at stock height now? Sounds like no? If all they did was remove coilovers, and then never did four wheel alignment, it will eat up tires in a hurry, depending on how much of a drop you have. Pics?

yeah most likely your camber is out, could be other alignment problems as well. take it to an alignment shop, and check it out. or if the car is lowered, get the camber kit now, then take it to the alignment shop right after you install the camber kit.

ok i was told to adjust the tie rod or som crap like that.. the tire gose liek this / no lie.. its only one.. and it needs an alingment badly the wheel is cocked wayyyyyyy out of ordinary.. ill get pics tommrow of it all. and ill look for a chamber kit.. any brand im just going to lower it a tiny bit then it is now.. to lvl it out.. mabey 2.5 inch at the max.

oh.. well 2.5" at max.. so there... and im from ny., also... got a new problem. the speedometor turns off. and some times acts as a tach. this did not do that untill tonight when i fixed my head lights(new hids and leveld them kinda) now turns on and off at random times.. im thinking a loose fuse as my truck did hte same things. but it bothers me kinda cause id like to know how fast im going.. also it jumps around from 0- max 180 on the meter also.. soo.. yeah.. any reason why that can be??

about the front tire, if it's not alignment, then maybe that side suspension is messed up. A pic of the area would help. Any "unormal" things you see there? Compare to the other side (front still).

The speedometer...check ground. Also, might have messed up the cluster, but I wouldn't think so.

Archived