87 CRX Si transmission with Mugen LSD

..SSR..

87 CRX Si transmission with Mugen LSD.

Acquired this from a customer, he thought it had a Quaife. I did some searching and found Quaife never made a diff for it so I tore it down and discovered the Mugen LSD. Trans worked great the last time it was used (used for tracking only, not driven on the street).

LSD does not need to be rebuilt. Trans in great shape. Pics of the diff tomorrow. Comes with axles (unsure of brand, beefy as hell).

$1,100 shipped in the 48 states. Shipping elsewhere available.

l_7da52d2a2c1eadc8e01287a31485e16e.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
you'll never get $1100.

but GL anyways.

I'd just agree with the tranny god. He knows everything there is to know about them.

Apparently you don't know much of anything about the Mugen diff for EW's.

I never even knew Mugen did things like that to older hondas.

Eh, not really. They take a lot of time to setup correctly. Otherwise you just have an oil system that will be hard to starve of oil.

yea im sure its not the easiest to set-up but as it was told to me by my buddy who races pro-4 modifieds it frees up like 20% more power by reducing the drag on the crank..and the oil will be cooler as well.

Doesn't free up 20%. Less than that.

idk maybe the difference is between the ford engine he's got it on and a honda but they've got all the data aquisition and built the cars from the frame up. they use the 2.3l turbo ford engines and build them n/a and get about 340hp out of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived