Losing Oil quickly!!!!!

spike10197

I'm losing oil like there's no tomorrow.

Here are the symptoms.

1: My car is knocking when I accelerate.

2: I'm losing oil really fast.

3: When I accelerate there's blue smoke coming out of the tail pipe.

This only started after I had replace the head gasket on my 1990 Honda civic DX

what does this mean?

I'm losing oil like there's no tomorrow.

Here are the symptoms.

1: My car is knocking when I accelerate.

2: I'm losing oil really fast.

3: When I accelerate there's blue smoke coming out of the tail pipe.

This only started after I had replace the head gasket on my 1990 Honda civic DX

what does this mean?

Bad head gasket? Defective, or not torqued down to specs, warped head? Why did you replace head gasket in the first place? Overheat? Did you take it and at least have it inspected?

Bad head gasket? Defective, or not torqued down to specs, warped head? Why did you replace head gasket in the first place? Overheat? Did you take it and at least have it inspected?

when you repair a vehicle you don't just replace what broke.... you need to figure out why it broke in the first place, otherwise you will usually have to fix that same problem 2 or even 3 times.

who replaced your head gasket? you? or a shop? if a shop did it take it back to them and make them warranty their work

sounds like you through a rod. stop driving the car and spend the money to make the repairs, which it sounds liek at this point is gonna be a crank and atleast 1 rod, or shell out the couple hundred for a new motor.

sounds like a blown head gasket or the piston rings could be fried. That happened to me but that was from running it lean with boost, same side effects though. I work at a dealership and if they noted on your repair order that your car was knocking at the time of service they're going to tell you to go F yourself or pay for the repairs. if you've spent money with them they might be able to cut you a deal but more than likely they won't greet you with open arms. if you can take your pcv hose off of the valve cover and drive it for a day or so like that. it won't hurt the motor and if there's a ton of oil on the backside of your motor its because compression is getting into the head and its pushing the oil out... aka fried piston rings

sounds like you through a rod. stop driving the car and spend the money to make the repairs, which it sounds liek at this point is gonna be a crank and atleast 1 rod, or shell out the couple hundred for a new motor.

i don't want to be a weiner and say i told your so but, i told you

its a 1994 engine.

also im still using the ecu that came on my car.

is that ok?

also one more question.

since i did the engine swap my oil light keeps comming on.

ive been keeping an eye out on the oil checking it before every start up and its fine but the light only comes on at idle.

though when i put just a little gas the light goes away.

any suggestions on that too?

its a 1994 engine.

also im still using the ecu that came on my car.

is that ok?

also one more question.

since i did the engine swap my oil light keeps comming on.

ive been keeping an eye out on the oil checking it before every start up and its fine but the light only comes on at idle.

though when i put just a little gas the light goes away.

any suggestions on that too?

Low oil pressure due to a failing oil pump. When you increase your RPMs, it increases its flow.

well something happened to my new motor that i had received.

now its losing oil but its making a really bad ticking noise or clicking noise.

either or.

what is the problem?

what im going to do because im done with this car is to sell it.

does that sound good?

or should i use the warranty that i have on the motor and do an engine swap?

i got the motor where all my other friends have been getting all there motors from.

they helped me put in my motor.

the last engine before this one i had went to the graveyard only cuz the piston rod shot through the oil pan.

what im thinking about doing is getting another zc motor and putting it in since i have a 6month warranty on it.

then sell it to someone.

or sell it to the junk yard unless anyone wants it for parts or nething

Archived