GSR HEAD b16 BLOCK??

jkm345

It works very well. GSR intake ports have better geometry and a better entry angle. Quench pads for more compression and a more complete burn. Doesn't hurt that the GSR head flows better on the intake side either.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a direct fit. When building an LS VTEC, the b16's and b18c's are both options for the same block, so I would say, yes. It is a direct fit. I'm not too sure if there's a difference in head gasket though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B16A, B16B, B18C B18C1, B18C5 all have the same interchangable parts. they all use the same waterpump, oil pump, alternator timing belts, you can interchange any of their pistons, camshafts and valve trains

couldnt be more wrong. b18a/b are the same. b18c5/c1 the same/ and b16a is its own. and you need a b16a timingbelt buddy. dont run that gsr belt , would be a bad thing.

couldnt be more wrong. b18a/b are the same. b18c5/c1 the same/ and b16a is its own. and you need a b16a timingbelt buddy. dont run that gsr belt , would be a bad thing.

i never mentioned the B18a/b engines cuz that information doesn't apply to him. as far as the VTEC B-series goes you can use a GSR timing belt on a B16a.

B16A3/A2 and B18C/C1 are very similar, with the GSR head intake ports having a better geometry and a better entry angle

the B16B and B18C5 heads are damn near identical. both come from factory with a P&P and upgraded Valvetrain and differnt Pistons. the B16B is a destroked B18C5.

putting a GSR head on a B16 block wouldn't limit you to one type of belt. you could use a B16 or the GSR belt. even when you do an LS/VTEC setup you can use either belt (providing you're using a VTEC water pump and not an LS water pump), why would it be any different here?

im not gonna argue with you , but the block height is different on all those engines dude. but run what you want , to each thier own. you cant use a b16 timing belt on an lsvtec either , i dont know where your getting this from.

to the guys car in question here , do yourself a favor , run a b16a timing belt.

Archived