Hey wassup guys.

So I picked up a P28 and my car is running ALOT!! better, no more lag take offs and random Vtec kicking in. Yeah I know WTF? lol

Anyhow i picked up a Skunk2 chip for the ECU. Just wondering if its worth putting in. I was told not to install it since the chip has a few motors it will work on and not specifically made for my D15B. The manual says it will work on my motor along with a list of other motors.

So my question is.

Should I put it on or just sell it? and why?

Thanks for the help.

i have my d16z6 chipped right now with a JUN chip and its spose to work with many other motors to and it seems to be runing fine makes vtec kick at 4400 everytime and has like a 9000 rev limit not like i would ever take it that high but mine works fine i like it just for what i got on my car

ahh ok this is the specs of the chip I got

92-95 Honda Civic

SKUNK2 (OBD1) P28

Vtec = 4800

Rev Limit = 9000

Vehicle

92-95 Honda Civic

94-95 Acura Integra

Motors it will work on

B16Ax

B18Cx

B20/VTEC

LS/VTEC

it dosent say D15B but the motor is from a 92-95 civic (motor is a 1993)

it also says

Performance Chip will work on Stock B-series and D-series engines. So im a little confused. :blush:

Additional Features

SPEED LIMITER = Disabled

KNOCK SENSOR = Disabled

O2 SENSOR = Disabled

LAUNCH CONTROL = 4500

FULL THROTTLE SHIFT = 8000

yea mine has pretty much same specs jus vtec at 4400 and no launch controll on this one >_< but mine said it would work for the same motors didnt say the z6 on the list but it works with my ecu and i like the way it runs

yea mine has pretty much same specs jus vtec at 4400 and no launch controll on this one >_< but mine said it would work for the same motors didnt say the z6 on the list but it works with my ecu and i like the way it runs

kool. thanks..

Anyone else have any input ?

If your serious about performance out of your motor I'd definitly just go for a nicer aftermarket tuning program. Grab up Hondata s300 if you can afford or settle for s200 if your not looking to spend so much. Good thing about this is you can reuse it with various motors, cars, etc.

hondata ftw.

keep the chip. let me know how it works out for you. i ended up with a mugen chipped p28 on my last serious project.

id like to know what the skunk2 one is like

Archived