Ford Mustang Ranger

i cant stand 5.0's :sleep2:

i loved the day that i watched my friends blue evo 8 MR (575+awhp) KILL a prostreet 5.0 stang, it was so great because the country hick that had the 5.0 thought he could rape anyone at the import meet... he was very wrong, there were about 20+ cars out there that would have spanked him horribly, including a 9 second Supra twin turbo.. lucky was the first to speak up is all

i cant stand 5.0's :sleep2:

i loved the day that i watched my friends blue evo 8 MR (575+awhp) KILL a prostreet 5.0 stang, it was so great because the country hick that had the 5.0 thought he could rape anyone at the import meet... he was very wrong, there were about 20+ cars out there that would have spanked him horribly, including a 9 second Supra twin turbo.. lucky was the first to speak up is all

You obviously haven't indulged yourself in South Florida racing, nor do you know what 331 or 347 (stroked derivatives of 5.0L motors) Mustang is capable of.

But anywho. :happy:

sorry im a domestic HATER, i cant stand gas guzzeling POS's that have 4 more cylinders than most imports and can barely keep up... or try to copy the japanese model based cars... just like GM and their ecotec (wannabe vtec) i grew up around domestics and i am TIRED of them.. just my opinion...

sorry im a domestic HATER, i cant stand gas guzzeling POS's that have 4 more cylinders than most imports and can barely keep up... or try to copy the japanese model based cars... just like GM and their ecotec (wannabe vtec) i grew up around domestics and i am TIRED of them.. just my opinion...

Yea well stock and stock .. The difference is clear. :thumbsup:

i get 19/25

honda was the first to come out with variable valve timing, in 1991 on the NSX... i had to do a HUGE report on it for english class... and toyota was soon to memic/follow with vvti in 93

the whole variable valve timing was originally patented in the '20's for tractor use...anyways if you compare the body style after the fox bodies like 95'ish those 5.0's sucked balls and are about equal with some stock hondas, mainly because of their crapty head design that didnt last long at all.

but besides the fact...Mopar=Go Car!

the whole variable valve timing was originally patented in the '20's for tractor use...anyways if you compare the body style after the fox bodies like 95'ish those 5.0's sucked balls and are about equal with some stock hondas, mainly because of their crapty head design that didnt last long at all.

but besides the fact...Mopar=Go Car!

It was the same 5.0 in a much heavier car.. 94/95 had them, 96/98's had the 2v 4.6 which was an improvement, got it into the 14's at least. 99/04 were improved mildly and it wasn't uncommon to see them in the 13's..

^i love him cause i dont have to say it

fuel injected 5.0s suck

in my eyes.. 5.0's should be carburated

True story. Carb'd 347 makes for some easy 10 second passes in a Notch.

i think the big thing i dont like about domestics is that they only do one thing good, go straight... id like to see how easy it would be to take a 10 second 5.0 on the back country roads and hang with a evo, S2000, hell a B series CReX, or a ITR... IMO the stang would get DUSTED on the "touge" because it is nothing more than a straight line car.

people dont always set up domestics for straight lines...

they really are not too hard to set up for autocross/circuit.. i know a few people who have autocrossed their mustangs quite a few times and never seen a dragstrip

Archived