hahaha...everyones changing their damn username. makes me want to change mine.

the only thing i dont like about that sol is the rims. but anywho.

i know me and sport injection had our srt 4 battle in the past, but its all good. i respect srt-4s (well, modded ones) because no matter how you look at it, they get scary fast with mods. haha id smack my friends who left the windows down!

And she's content with you driving something substantially faster? LOL.

I was a 16 year old kid with a B17A1 swapped 89 LS at the time and she knew i had a lead foot... now im 21, she still didnt want me getting a EVO b/c she rode in the RS with me when my friend worked at mitsubishi motors and we test drove it and i hauled balls down the interstate (interstate 840, alex should know where thats at) but hey what can she do. im a grown man now :)

I'd LOVE to get another 89 LS and put a B17A1 in it for a dailydriver/sleeper..

• 2 weeks later...

slick cars man, without the flames the vw is very clean and smooth looking imo. the only thing that's bugging me is the front of the srt4 looks very hot but the back just looks like a neon with painted tails (no offense, not really your fault). you can't really put a spoiler on there because that usually makes it look worse (unless its more of a lip spoiler). i'm curious about the reliability of your car. Chrysler has a really bad rap in my neighborhood but there is a huge srt4 club out here and I'm thinking that if they are that popular then they can't be that bad, can they?

• 2 weeks later...
slick cars man, without the flames the vw is very clean and smooth looking imo. the only thing that's bugging me is the front of the srt4 looks very hot but the back just looks like a neon with painted tails (no offense, not really your fault). you can't really put a spoiler on there because that usually makes it look worse (unless its more of a lip spoiler). i'm curious about the reliability of your car. Chrysler has a really bad rap in my neighborhood but there is a huge srt4 club out here and I'm thinking that if they are that popular then they can't be that bad, can they?

Not to revive the dead but I didn't notice this post. Ya I don't know what to do with the back. Probably just put on a PVO spoiler. My car is very reliable, I never have any boost issues or anything else. I've never really heard of any really negative things about them. Except a Tiny ass turbo. I know one thing, I'm never selling it. I'm going to get a new car soon and just put this one in a garage and probably never drive it again, at least hardly ever.

Not to revive the dead but I didn't notice this post. Ya I don't know what to do with the back. Probably just put on a PVO spoiler. My car is very reliable, I never have any boost issues or anything else. I've never really heard of any really negative things about them. Except a Tiny ass turbo. I know one thing, I'm never selling it. I'm going to get a new car soon and just put this one in a garage and probably never drive it again, at least hardly ever.

Whats the point in that? :crazy: What is new car going to be?

I bought it used from a friend. I wished I could have gotten one when they were brand new, but kinda had tunnel vision on Honda's back in the day, before I broadened my horizons a little. Mileage isn't too bad I guess. I get around 22mpg with mixed driving (some easy driving, Some Boosting the crap out of it) I could get alot better but its hard not to drive hard when boost is instant. I wished they still made them, Now SRT-4's are just small minivans trying to be cool. lol.

Friend of mine is in the low 13's with an '05 SRT4 only a couple hundred under the hood on street tires. Still gets decent economy.

Well the tranny is one of the drawbacks. It lasts stock if you don't beat it, It just doesn't like tons of HP thrown at it. Another drawback is the head flows really bad. But the motor is almost bullet proof I've heard, From what I've heard and read it was designed to be very strong. The only weak point in the piston ring lands, which can be prone to cracking at high HP. A local guy made 609hp on a stock bottom end, and his only problem I know of is that his clutch won't disengage properly at high RPM.

Archived