Coiloversssss

Due to a budget i have decided to go with coilover sleeves rather than full coilovers. i have crazy nuespeed springs that are waaaaaay to low. i am replacing my fat 5s with a set of HP deep dishes. they are 15x7 and i fear they are to wide and will rub the fender. so instead of risking buyin new springs and suffereing the same problen im just going to go with sleeves.

soooo any suggestions on sleeves. im looking at these! cha-ching

so what do u guys suggest or think about the ground controls?

i dont need track worthy suspension but i would like to hold a turn! :blush:

Didn't realize they used Eibach springs. Should be great.:thumbsup:

YEAH I KNOW! i thought that was a frikin deal for 300 bucks. ill proly get them this week. ive been meaning to post some more pics of the new DA but havent had time. theres a few things i wana do first. ive goy my eye on a set of 15x7 hp deep dishes, and ill put nitto neo gens on them, then im going to put in jdm 1 pieces, my current bumper is cracked on the side so im going to put on a 92-93 bumper. thats all to make the car more attractive. haha

and just so i know for sure. the coil over sleeves are basically like replacing the springs pretty much right? as long as the sleeves come for my applicant i dont need to worry about it not fitting my strut correct?

heres my thoughts about coilovers...and what you posted..

get yourself some ebay sleeve-overs and sell the springs and keep the spring perches, because perches are perches for the most part.

then hit up a road race/auto-x forum and score yourself some used eibach's springs in the spring rates you want for like $25 each

doing this saves you money and gives you a VERY good suspension. you do know you need to upgrade your shocks right?

*Edit* i just saw that you orderd the GC's i hope you have good luck and are happy with ur set-up, make sure to hit up the thread and respond to how you like em.

and just so i know for sure. the coil over sleeves are basically like replacing the springs pretty much right? as long as the sleeves come for my applicant i dont need to worry about it not fitting my strut correct?

But yeah, I believe they are like having adjustable springs w/o replacing your struts or getting full coilovers. Is this correct?

Right. Coilover sleeves can be used with your stock struts/shocks...

GC is great...the only thing I've heard is that they are a bit harsh with stock struts but that's just like any other sleeves. Also, you run the risk of blowing your shocks, just like any other set-up, except for full coilovers.

Great! I hope you like it :) post pics (of the car too) and keep us updated :D

• 3 weeks later...
Right. Coilover sleeves can be used with your stock struts/shocks...

GC is great...the only thing I've heard is that they are a bit harsh with stock struts but that's just like any other sleeves. Also, you run the risk of blowing your shocks, just like any other set-up, except for full coilovers.

Great! I hope you like it :) post pics (of the car too) and keep us updated :D

weeeeeeeeell im still waiting on the sleeves. ugh! i just recieved the front upper strut bar and installed it today...the bar wasnt made for use with abs but with a lil fab. work, it works tremendously!

but yeah the company said the sleeves and strut bar were supposed to arrive today aaaaaand nothing...i ordered the stuff on the 9th, watch out for andys auto sport! haha no, good company but they charge u out the butt for shipping and...dont ship it. haha jk

anyway im a lil nervous now that u guys mention the abuse my shocks will take, i guess i was so excited i overlooked that. how worried should i be about blowing them?

eeeeh...about half inch above the tire maybe?

on the sol which is a 4x4 thats about 2.5-3" drop, and would still probally be too low for ur stock shocks.

on the sol which is a 4x4 thats about 2.5-3" drop, and would still probally be too low for ur stock shocks.

Its a 2 - 2.5 inch drop... friend had dropzone springs on tokico gas shocks, it lowered him 2.3 inches lower than stock and his fender was down to the top of his tire...almost tucked

Archived