Just installed turbo on ls...Questions

Honda9698

okay so i have an 96 ls. This is my parts list.

-the usual t3/t4 hybrid

-38mm wastegate

-full piping

-greddy type rs bov

-edlebrock 255hp fuel pump

-AEM high volume fuel filter

-blox fuel pressure regulater

-blox vaccum box

-manual boost controller

-2.5 inch indivia test pipe with O2 sensor installed

-2.5 inch down pipe wtih O2 installed

-Moroso oil pan

-Chipped p28 Converted to obd1

-after market radiator and fan

I now i may need a few other things so let me know.

I just installed the new ecu tonight.and the car ran alot alot better than it did befor with the stock ecu.

But the car still bogs when i hit like 5 grand and getting up there is not as quick as it should be. is the car bogging like that because of the fuel pump or because its not tuned.The store i bought my ecu said it was for a boosted non vtec application so there shouldnt be anyproblems with that.

And once i get the car tuned should i feel a dramatic increase in power cause right now it feels like its almost fast as like an rsx type-s.

And just to make sure that my boost/vaccum lines a running right. i ran a line from the turbo itself to the boost controller then from the boost controller to a 3 way fiiting one going to the wastegate actuator and one going to the vaccum box, and i left the hole on top of the wastegat open.i was told that was used for a electronic boost controller.Is this setup right.

Thanks A lot....

well i dont know much on turbo's due to the fact i havent really messed with them yet but i do know tuning your car will make a world of difference jus from talking to friends who turbo'd there cars

okay so i have an 96 ls. This is my parts list.

-the usual t3/t4 hybrid

-38mm wastegate

-full piping

-greddy type rs bov

-edlebrock 255hp fuel pump

-AEM high volume fuel filter

-blox fuel pressure regulater

-blox vaccum box

-manual boost controller

-2.5 inch indivia test pipe with O2 sensor installed

-2.5 inch down pipe wtih O2 installed

-Moroso oil pan

-Chipped p28 Converted to obd1

-after market radiator and fan

I now i may need a few other things so let me know.

I just installed the new ecu tonight.and the car ran alot alot better than it did befor with the stock ecu.

But the car still bogs when i hit like 5 grand and getting up there is not as quick as it should be. is the car bogging like that because of the fuel pump or because its not tuned.The store i bought my ecu said it was for a boosted non vtec application so there shouldnt be anyproblems with that.

And once i get the car tuned should i feel a dramatic increase in power cause right now it feels like its almost fast as like an rsx type-s.

And just to make sure that my boost/vaccum lines a running right. i ran a line from the turbo itself to the boost controller then from the boost controller to a 3 way fiiting one going to the wastegate actuator and one going to the vaccum box, and i left the hole on top of the wastegat open.i was told that was used for a electronic boost controller.Is this setup right.

Thanks A lot....

Just run a vac line from the compressor outlet to the boost controller, the to the side of the gate. I wouldn't boost it to much unless you have a wideband. Not just an O2 sensor hooked up to a gauge. Make sure its a wideband. I still wouldn't boost it until it was tuned. You shouldn't need a boost controller on a basic map anyways just run off the gate. Also who "chipped" your ECU? Make sure its lagit cause your motor is on the line. Also do you have Injectors?

welli bought my ecu from a shop in queens and i told the guy i have non v tec and no injectors, i need them im gonna go with rc 440 just gotta get ma paper up.The ecu is good tho i got the obd2 to 1 harness and the check engine light whent away. And what is wideband. i havnt heard about this till now

you definitely need injectors and some tuning. thats your problem for sure , assuming its all set up right. yes the top port of the wastegate is for electronic boost controller. you definitely need a boost gauge to show you what your running for boost , not knowing is a bad thing. you dont need a wideband O2 sensor for running the engine. a wideband is only for tuning the engine.

definitely an option , good call Si. DSM injectors are 450's , and any OBD0(ef , 90-01 integra) resister box. easy to wire in , commonly used.

im running only 8 pounds,so i dont no maybe like 200whp.im getting it tuned and the shop and they will retard the timing for me.i would do it myself but i would need the exact settings.i was also told that the tuner should do it or something cause the timing is all up to the way the car is tuned.

and im prob gonnna et 440 cc injectors.

• 3 years later...

Archived