Subs, Amp, And Box for a 94 Civic. HELP

i have been looking for a couple weeks for some decent hitting subs (preferably two 12s).

i just cant seem to find a good package that sounds good and is within my small but flexible budget.

some options:

-Bazooka (heard good and bad things) keep in mind i dont want to blow doors off or anything

-Insignia (heard nothing but good)

-MTX. i dont know about this package as far as how good it is but this is what i was looking at MTX Package

-Rockford Fosgate. again not too sure but the link is Here

Please let me know what the best option would be. Im so lost.

Not saying they're the best but i got two Insignia 12's and an Insignia amp in my Del Sol. Much smaller car than yours but still sound really good to me. Not overly loud but loud enough to get the feel your wanting. I was looking for the same thing and I was happy with my purchase.

i havent found much in the way of anything in the area. the only deal i have seen is two RF P1s for $130. i could get that on the internet anyway (plus they arent that good to me). this stuff costs so much!

Your talking about P1's and P2 and putting expensive in the same sentence.. You havent seen expensive. If you really get into car audio, you will begin t o see expensive. I had a pair of Concept 12's that ought beat everything i came across. I got them given to me, and was interested in the retail of them. Turns out, they were priced at $400-$500 a piece...so it gets more expensive the more you get into it.

Honestly, i wouldnt buy a system over the internet. Its way to easy to sell blown subs/amps and get away with it. You just need to hit up the yellow pages and look for a local shops. They are out there, you just gotta look.

i might go with insignia from best buy. i have a $100 gift card and might do that anyway. or... i could wait a bit and get a box with two Type R 12s... but thats quite a bit of money.

any sentence that starts with "if you can afford it" should be obsolete from this thread. i have a pretty darn low budget. like $400. this is why i want a package deal.

^I would say no. ( i havent personally heard them, but i would still say no)

Dude, dont be in a huge hurry, you cant always get subs. Look around, find a shop that sells them. One thing to keep in mind is, the bigger the magnet on the sub, the better it is going to hit. So, whatever you look at, check out the magnet size. Also, find something in the 89ish Db range. They will sound good.

I say, just get something you think you will be happy with. Speakers are usually trial and error to find what you really like. I have had probably 15-20 different systems in 4 different vehicles. And i still to this day dont have a favorite sub that i would choose over the other. Only way to start figuring out what you like, is to jump in head first. So, go buy something, and post pictures once you get it installed. Let us know how you like it.

Kind of true, but there are some pretty nice "cheap" brands in car audio that can hold their own if you'll just looking for a bit of bump in the trunk. I couldnt be happier with the quality my Insignia's and I basically felt like i stole them they where so cheap.

Any thing worth doing is worth doing right. I live by that.

400.00 into a system is not doing it right. If i was you. . i would take that 400.00 and either buy nice sets of speakers for your front stage. . or even maybe drop it all on a pretty decent head unit. .

people can sit here and tell you brand x sounds good all day long. And im not picking on anyone. But seriously. . if people actually recommend these bottom of the barrel brand X subs to you, you are honestly better off ignoring them. At the end of the day 1 grand is going to get you a decent system. . and i dont care what company you go with. EXPECT to pay at least a grand for any sub and amp combo that is worth putting in your car. come up with a grand and you have tons of options. . if anyone asks me for systems on a budget with 400.00 . . . i give them the same advice i gave you up top there.

the insignia's at best buy are made by Power Acoustik. So you actually know who makes them now. well i believe it's Power Acoustik. I'll check when I go in to work.

EDIT: my system was 400 dollar but is decent. 2 12 P3's and Rockfordfosgate P1000-1bd amp. :-

+1

All this sub talk has me thinking about a 13W7 with a d block amp....damn it.. i dont want to spend that much.. but at the same time... i do..

Archived