whats upp fudgepackers?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STAY WINGLESS!!!!! It's so much sexier...seriously.

I wouldn't mess with polishing the Intake Mani because you'll just have to repolish it when it get's dirty and that will be a pain.

yeah, i am. it was one of those spur of the moment ideas. but i changed my mind already haha.

and i was thinking the same thing about the intake manifold. it looks sweet, but i dont feel like repolishing it 40 times a week.

haha, thanks lina :)

my other fitting im waiting on for my PS lines will be here today. ill take a pic of the new line later, though thats kinda boring lol.

btw, this is what was causing me to smoke like a batch :(

102_2284.jpg

lol, your going to have an army of HF rides lol.

heck yeah, HF ARMY :devil:

im already starting the project, i should have mostly everybodies car done by the time i get on xbox live, hopefully :p

smoking ftl. but like, half the world population smokes.

update:

did a compression test today, numbers were fine. 135-139 for all of em. next step is waiting for my stupid air oil separator to get here, if that ever happens, and throw everything back together and take it out for a ride again. if it keeps spitting oil, it HAS to be the turbo. if it was as simple as the catch can being removed, thats gonna piss me off :laugh:

power steering line is in, i ended up breaking one of the goddamn fittings, and had to buy another. f'n earls fittings...19 bucks for a new one! also, i tapped my intake manifold for the brake booster line (since i flipped it, it was on the opposite side and i dont want a million lines running across the engine bay). also i plan to parallel my fuel lines since i have the manifold off.

well im starting to slowly quit smoking, my usual cig count for a day is about 7, yesterday i had 4, and today i havent had one... YAY for brian :p

and good to hear the scoobie is coming along joe, better get that sh1t running soon mofo :laugh:

had my dad resurface my flywheel today at work. pulling the tranny apart was ANNOYING, seeing i couldnt get my stupid axles d/c. i had them popped out, but i couldnt get them to actually come out of the tranny. I ended up pulling the tranny back like 6 inches, and just pulling the clutch and flywheel out since i had plenty of room. getting it back in is going to be a complete and udder BITCH lol.

my air oil separator will be here friday, FINALLY. my misc crap i ordered (2" 90 degree cast aluminum elbow, boost fitting, new oil return flange, 02 bung) will be here tomorrow. should have it back up and running by this weekend hopefully.

it was very annoying lol. i wish i had another jack, it would make my life a lot easier. once the tranny comes off the engine falls foward, so ill either:

1. need someone to push the motor foward to get the tranny on

2. have another jack to lift the motor back to its original spot

thats not including trying to get the tranny back on with just one jack...damn this sucks. i need to go see if i can borrow some floor jacks from someone.

that would be good and bad lina, lol.

my dad brought home my flywheel last night all re-surfaced, so i just literally finished up putting it back in along with the new clutch and disc. now i just have to wait for someone to help me get the tranny back into the motor. im NOT looking foward to this.

most of my parts should be coming today, and i decided to pull off my compressor housing and polish it up. ill take some pics and post later.

yeah, i could have done it 10x better, but i only had 60, 400, and 600 grit, and no money haha. so i did the best i could with my dremel and that sandpaper and some polish. doesnt look bad. my dad took it to work with him today to get the elbow i bought welded on.

getting the tranny mated back up was a royal pain in the ass. not to mention, the two bolts that hold on the starter gave me the most trouble. was tightening down one of them, and it decided to strip the metal in the engine. luckily that bolt held on the ground wire, so i was able to move that to a different bolt to give me some more space to screw it in. then the other bolt didnt want to screw in from about 1/2 inch to the block. i ended up having to put about 3 spacers on the bolt since i didnt want to screw up the threads like i did the other one.

i ended up pushing the tranny close enough to the motor, and then was lucky enough to get a bolt threaded on to pull it more. i could NOT for the life of me get the tranny flush to the motor for some reason. rick, your in for some fun :laugh:

car should be back together for the most part by tomorrow.

i'll have most of it together, but my dad just called me and told me they wont have the housing welded until monday. so monday she should be up and running. thats if i get my stupid air oil separator.

that's cool that your dad helps you and all hehe :D

everytime my dad sees/hears me doing anything on a car, he would say don't do anything and I'll take it to a place and they'll take care of it hehe

yay hopefully you get the separator and it's all ready on Monday :D yahaaayaaay :D

you guys deserve some pics. so here ya go.

my turbo, waiting for the compressor housing to come back. the box that says cx racing was some intercooler pipes i bought off ebay. 110 bucks shipped for a 45, 2 j pipes, 1 straight, and two 90 degree bends, with silicone couplers and t bolts. you can choose what size couplers and t bolts you want, and also what kind of piping you would like (size and bend). awesome deal.

102_2303.jpg

remember that front piping coming out of the TB? well i spent some time on it sanding it down and polishing it up. bad pic, but you get the idea.

102_2301.jpg

im an asswipe and forgot to snap a pic when i had the clutch on but the tranny not connected, so you can get a shot of the box :)

102_2299.jpg

i sanded down the strut ends from the red that was on them. got too tacky for me. plus, i like this look better.

102_2298.jpg

and my braided ps line. you can also see i paralled my fuel lines, but its nothing much to see since they are just rubber lines lol. i covered them with some heat sleeves just in case. intake manifold is off AGAIN...sheesh. you cant see but i also relocated my overflow tank to the left.

102_2293.jpg

Archived