Dropping my car

i dont kno about you guys but most places around here wont do a alignment on a car that has been lowered.

i've never heard of that before. stop with your lies

lol.i went to sears down here and was like will you align a lowered car and the got said no. It was before i wrecked my car when i was waiting for my springs to get here lol. back in old december ha

Even the guy who lowered my car told me we have to nascar align my car haha

Had that same problem when i lowered my s10... went to get it done, 3 different places told me that they wouldnt touch it... so i rode around and wore out the inside of my tires..lol

alignment wasnt such a huge deal on mine... i dont mind a nascar alighment..but when camber gets thrown off, and no one will touch it... it kinda sucks buying tires a lot

Go to an alignment shop....not a shop that does alignments. An alignment shop will do a lowered car because that's there main source of revenue....they'll make sure that they can do any alignment needed (a good shop will at least). I'm dropped 3" (or a hair more) and the alignment shop I went to had a special "flat" alignment rack for really low cars and some of the supercars they get like Ferrari's, Carrera GT's, Lambo's, etc... that sit really low.

wow i dont think there is a place like this in DELAWARE LOL. Yah then they deff due my car im lowered 2inch with my kit sitting about a inch and half so anywhere around 3 1/2 to 4inch lower then stock.

of course you can't get a 'performance' car aligned at sears for christ sake. take your car to a place that gives two craps about actually helping people and not employing tech school dropouts to rip off unsuspecting consumers.

sorry for the rant, but nearly every chain style auto shop would rather take your money then have you as a repeat customer. find an independent shop or an alignment specialty shop, like hung suggested. it won't be any more expensive and they will treat you well to get your business again.

even shops that don't have special lifts can do it if they want your money. the guys at sears were just lazy. when i had my prelude the one shop i go to always kept a set of 2x12's in the shop to use as pre-ramps to get low cars onto the lift at a more gentle angle so they could still work on cars that were otherwise too low.

of course you can't get a 'performance' car aligned at sears for christ sake. take your car to a place that gives two craps about actually helping people and not employing tech school dropouts to rip off unsuspecting consumers.

sorry for the rant, but nearly every chain style auto shop would rather take your money then have you as a repeat customer. find an independent shop or an alignment specialty shop, like hung suggested. it won't be any more expensive and they will treat you well to get your business again.

even shops that don't have special lifts can do it if they want your money. the guys at sears were just lazy. when i had my prelude the one shop i go to always kept a set of 2x12's in the shop to use as pre-ramps to get low cars onto the lift at a more gentle angle so they could still work on cars that were otherwise too low.

That doesn't always work though. I went to an exhaust shop a few months ago and used a set of 2x4's as "pre ramps". Even with the 2x4's I was too low to get on the lift and I was also too low for the conventional lift to be able to get the arms under the car.

agreed hung. it won't work in all cases, but 2" on a sol and it will likely be able to drive right up on a regular ramp anyway.

i live in a town of 1200 people and we have an alignment shop. don't give me that 'we don't have any place around here' bs. give me your zip and i'll find you half a dozen alignment shops within 30 minutes drive.

I love opportunities to whore out my dad's Del Sol. Here's 16's with a 1.8" drop all around to give you an idea. I believe he is running 205/45/16's though which is the proper tire size (not 205/40's)

aa92e129.jpg

2ace9f95.jpg

DelSol5small.jpg

Archived