N/A LS-VTEC?

Ben.

I'm obviously lacking in the engine department and I wanna' change that without having to do a swap.

It's very evident that for this engine to make power in N/A trim I'm going to have to get a VTEC head of some sort, unless you guys have a better idea? A guy I know got some sort of crower cams in his LS Integra as well as a couple of other bolt on's and his sh*t straight WALKS away from mine.

I was thinking something along the lines of CP Pistons at 12.5ish maybe lower and Eagle or Pauter rods. ACL rod bearings and sleeving the block unless any of you here don't think that's a necessity with an N/A setup.

Any boring of the block that should occur?

I'd probably go with a Pro-Series Skunk2 IM or Performer X from Edelbrock. Upsize the TB to something mildly larger than stock, and a whale penis intake unless I'm told to keep my AEM V1 for the build.

Not sure as to what I'd do about a header.

Side note -- I intend on going to a b16 tranny for closer gears..this LS sh*t has got to go.

Basically..for anyone who comes in.. chime in with what YOU would do with an LS-VTEC setup that was shooting for around 205 or 210 at the wheels.

Dunno. People around here and down south want WAY too f*cking much for a GSR swap. I was considering an H but I'm still iffy about the internals on those motors.

if i still had my jdm b18c i would have sold it to you for 1500 plus shipping.

you want me to find one out here for you?

you could always search the internetz.

the h22 isnt bad. the internal problem can always be worked out. and its a great way to start out with 200hp.

I mean I've searched the net..

Like anyone, I'm hesitant about buying from someone I've never met, rather than buying from somewhere like HMotorsonline.

The idea of a swap is always there.

Yea I'm a f*cking idiot.

I cannot believe I'd forgotten I'm already utilizing an OBD1 b-series setup..

If I want H2B .. I've got half of what I need. :lol:

B18C longblocks go for 1699 lol.

ideally I'd like H2B..

I've seen some explosive little setups and I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl myself.

Though, realistically I'm looking more toward boosted B-series lol.

Well..

Put it like this.

I'm focusing on N/A. Boosted B-series would be an easy way out to make power.

LS-VTEC would be easy to do as I've got over one half the sh*t needed to make the conversion. I could build the vtec head before I even put it on.

The block would be another story. Whereas, the H22 situation would be a bit more costly..as I'd need the H2B adapter as well as the block. Not to mention the H-series is a little dark to me. I don't know MUCH about it at all.

I'd run it once and it'd probably fry.

It's got 217K on the odometer. I dunno if it's ever had a rebuild.

It runs decent for that amount of mileage on the car..so I'd assume so.

If I were to go LS-VTEC I'd rebuild the bottom end. However, I'm looking for opinions on internals.. Cranny likes Clevite bearings..other's like ACL. I actually have ACL rod bearings in my possession.

Shoot. I even have CTR pistons chilling in the shed I need to sell lol.

I don't think I could use them in my motor anyway. Someone was talking about the actual piston height or something being too high or something.

I can't remember. Was a long time ago.

It's $911 bucks for just the adaptor plate without any mounts, apparently.

Disregard all take of an h-series setup from here on out.

It's as the thread title was created. Back on topic, no more daydreaming.

yea lsv would be ur best bet as in cost wise cause you do have all the essentials for that that build minus the head and pistons, so wats wrong with your ctr pistons? well lsv would be the way to go but thats just my opinion

Didn't read the whole thread so don't know if it's been said....

Don't get the whale penis. It's not great on power...especially in the low end. Get an AEM ITR intake. It's 3" diameter and makes a lot more power than any other intake (most/all others for an LS will be 2.5" diameter)

Archived