So what do you guys think?

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine?

• B18 boosting?
    • H22 NA?

yea thats wat i see all the time just bolt ons and nothing really unique out there but then again they are street cars they arent going to be fully built all the time, cause it's a grip of money that people just dont have to spend on their cars, thats why you see alot of lsv's and all cause they cant afford a itr but put that aside and think wat do you want????

An LS/VTEC using a OEM bottom end minus rods bolts can be very easily driven every day on pump 91/93 and make over 200whp. 230whp if the builder knows what he is doing. That is 81.5x89.

200-220whp + gearing = pissed off run of the mill turbo setup guy

+1 for you^ thats why you see so many of those setups cause they aint that expensive you can run into ls blocks everywhere you go and then b series heads are everywhere too lol and you can always be patients and strike a good deal

i'm with kegger, sohc for cheap fun. you want to be unique? make that ride of yours scoot with one cam. how many singles do you see at a car show or track that are ever anything more then double-sided tape bolt on rice? very few.

my build of choice, not because it's unique but because it is interesting to me: an all OEM assembled D16 11.?:1 N/A. Now if only I can find someone that wants to build it for me since I no longer have the time....

I really want to try out that D16 block, D17 Crank and D15 rod combo, or whatever the final parts may be. We had a huge thread about this a while back and then the discussion died.

i know. i need to dig up that thread and revive it. Was a lot of good info and discussions in there. From parts to complete how long does it normally take you provided you don't have any problems?

From the time I have all parts, about 20 hours to assemble.

Waiting on parts is what adds time. 4-6 weeks for custom pistons, 3-4 weeks for RM spec Scat rods, 4-6 weeks for a custom SMSP header, 4 weeks for RM headwork, etc.

Archived