So what do you guys think?

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine?

• B18 boosting?
    • H22 NA?

I have two options right now.

I have engine choices and I am sorry for bugging you guys about engine choices.

My friend kevin has given two options. I can build up a H22A4 NA or Build up a b18C1 or C5 I don't remember and Boost the B.

Both are both stripped to the Block and will be mated with a B-tranny.. So either way I to build it up. Go me. the engine is going into a fun/project/ street car but it will not be a DD.

btw the del sol I putting it is a shell, So only has these two options.

Given the choices what you choose?

I like asking you guys to see what you guys like and would do.

Mot likely drags cause that is all that is around me is strips. No real courses to drive on, It would be nice I had one.

I also want something I can drive like to car shows and such.

I also am going to put a b16 head on that b18. If I take that.

B18C1 head > B16/C5 head

I'd go with the H22. The A4 is the only H22 block you can put a F22 crank into.

Cost wise the B will be cheaper (go NA with it). No need to resleeve and no adaptor kit for the trans. You also won't need to use custom pistons and won't be limited by the intake manifold (custom RLZ IM will fix that for the H).

you can boost a b18b without changing internals up to about 13 psi for a daily which would probably be what you would like with the low compression of that motor. that would be my choice but ive been wanting to do b18b boosted project for a while

you can boost a b18b without changing internals up to about 13 psi for a daily which would probably be what you would like with the low compression of that motor. that would be my choice but ive been wanting to do b18b boosted project for a while

The block has already been striped down and If I were to put it back together, so I might as well build it up. and put LOW compression pistons in there and redo everything.

i say h22 n/a but thats just me or poor mans type r

That type r idea isn't too bad, But the h22 is a dream but so is building a turbo car.

I am the worst at picking things if you can't tell.

I vote boosted B18C1. Boosted cars are such a blast to drive and you could hit 300whp pretty easily. Anything more than 300whp in a FWD is a pain to drive on the streets. And if you are worried about lag........all the serious n/a setups I've seen are extremely peaky with their power so they would probably be more "laggy" than a properly boosted setup.

A stock C1 head flows better. Won't matter if it is turbo or not.

A proper NA setup with the proper gearing won't be laggy. You will be in the powerband all the time when WOT. It can be designed to not be peaky, which os preferable to a peak number setup.

I vote boosted B18C1. Boosted cars are such a blast to drive and you could hit 300whp pretty easily. Anything more than 300whp in a FWD is a pain to drive on the streets. And if you are worried about lag........all the serious n/a setups I've seen are extremely peaky with their power so they would probably be more "laggy" than a properly boosted setup.

I like your thinking.

At this rate I should buy both engines are start building both of them. But I can't so I gotta choose one.

I might go with the B18 cause I always wanted a turbo car but yet everybody has a turbo car and I already seen a b18 turbo'd in a del sol but I have yet to actually see a H22 in a del sol. I wish I could make up my mind.

If I were to go with the turbo setup, What would be a good turbo?

gt28 or t3/to4e

I've never understood the fascination of doing something because nobody else has done it. My goal is always to make my car so it's fun for ME to drive....who cares what anyone else has or has done as long as you build a car that you love and is a blast to drive.

Okay thanks and you do have a point with what you said.

It is just when I go to my car shows every weekend I see all these hondas and all the possible swaps including the k-swaps and everything in between and I have come to notice that ALOT of people have a B engine mainly a B16 and about half of the people that own that motor has it turbo'd.

I was kinda basing my idea on the whole leader and follower kinda idea.

But like you said, It is something that I would drive and would Love and is for me.

I need to start thinking like that instead.

Okay thanks and you do have a point with what you said.

It is just when I go to my car shows every weekend I see all these hondas and all the possible swaps including the k-swaps and everything in between and I have come to notice that ALOT of people have a B engine mainly a B16 and about half of the people that own that motor has it turbo'd.

I was kinda basing my idea on the whole leader and follower kinda idea.

But like you said, It is something that I would drive and would Love and is for me.

I need to start thinking like that instead.

Yeah, my point is to fix the car the way YOU want it to be so that YOU like and enjoy it. Who cares what other's think. You'll never be unique in the world of Honda's and on the rare occasion that someone is unique, they have enough time and money invested to make you cringe (RWD Mid-engine Teg, 2jz powered S2k, etc...)

I agree with all you guys and what you have to say.

I can agree on the never unique in the honda world unless you are making your car extra ricey then it will unqiue and a waste of money

I have a hard time deciding what I want motor wise. It is like I should boost the h22 with a b-tranny that basically puts both ideas together and try for about 350 nothing to big. but yet I like how the b-series is lighter and will fit in my car alot easier then the H but then again the h is more powerful.

I still leaning towards the H slightly.

You see so many boosted B swaps because people either think it makes them instant baller or they have no clue what a real NA setup is. Their idea of a real NA setup is crapty bolt on parts, CTR cams, and the tranny mods always have a staged clutch and lightweight flywheel when those are infact engine parts.

Archived