Civic Smoking A Camaro SS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10k > 35k

Civic 3000 + K20a2 4000+ tuned 2000+ kewl crap

i like that better than spending more on a car just as fast.

Used civic 3000. Used Camaro SS 10-12k so pretty even and the camaro isn't rusted to pieces and blowing his eardrums on the way home from the open exhaust.

true all that...

but one thing: sound of VTEC >> V8 huff n puff...haha

practical? let's not forget fuel efficiency...how much you would save in gas driving the civic your "2 hour trip"...hehe...

Hate to rain on your parade, but the LS1 camaro's get almost 30mpg highway which matches my GSR and probably that K20 civic.

I agree that a cammed V8 is hard to beat sound wise. I'm getting so tired of hearing these weedeater, bumblebee exhausts that people think sound good. I think that civic in the first video sounded like crap personally. It's not all about speed (I must be getting old), but I would have fun in that civic for about 2 days.....until my first hour drive to work. Then I'd be getting pissed off at the sound, crappy interior, etc...

.... lol a supercharger

Haha, idc what it is. The sound still makes me lol.

I would have fun in that civic for about 2 days.....until my first hour drive to work. Then I'd be getting pissed off at the sound, crappy interior, etc...

True, I've already gotten annoyed with my exhaust. Luckily I have a sound system that blocks it out without being overly loud itself.

lol sell the car to me hehe and get the camaro and you won't have to deal with the exhaust/silencer...hehe...jk :)

what I like a lot in Honda/Acura are the simple goood things...VTEC, reliability, easy to work on, light weight that makes little hatches win with their 4 cylinders against V6 heavy American cars (ya ya the bolt-ons or not), affordability, and just SO SWEEEET :D I rather be in a bouncy ride in a civic than in many other cars...I like the 3rd gen. camaros though...kinda hot looking :D

lol sell the car to me hehe and get the camaro and you won't have to deal with the exhaust/silencer...hehe...jk :)

what I like a lot in Honda/Acura are the simple goood things...VTEC, reliability, easy to work on, light weight that makes little hatches win with their 4 cylinders against V6 heavy American cars (ya ya the bolt-ons or not), affordability, and just SO SWEEEET :D I rather be in a bouncy ride in a civic than in many other cars...I like the 3rd gen. camaros though...kinda hot looking :D

That's the reason why. Driving 30,000 miles a year makes that the most important factor to me and wouldn't trust a camaro like I would my teg. If it was a weekend car, then the teg would be gone and I'd be saving up for something different. Not only that but I get close to 30mpg city too which is where the camaro would fall behind. They're low 20's high teens in the city.

busted how come you have never posted video's of your car with all this stuff? brings back memories of my friends jet black t/a, good times. never been pinned to my seat like that in my life.

I myself never had any vid's taken. There are probably video's floating around the net of my car running at SGMP in GA but none that were taken by me.

Especially not after the f*cker had turned up missing one time.

Used civic 3000. Used Camaro SS 10-12k so pretty even and the camaro isn't rusted to pieces and blowing his eardrums on the way home from the open exhaust.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the LS1 camaro's get almost 30mpg highway which matches my GSR and probably that K20 civic.

I agree that a cammed V8 is hard to beat sound wise. I'm getting so tired of hearing these weedeater, bumblebee exhausts that people think sound good. I think that civic in the first video sounded like crap personally. It's not all about speed (I must be getting old), but I would have fun in that civic for about 2 days.....until my first hour drive to work. Then I'd be getting pissed off at the sound, crappy interior, etc...

Yessir. My WS6 was getting 27mpg when I first got it, of course that DRASTICALLY changed but, yea. Stock and stock the same gas mileage.

I should respond to this comment by linking you to the 6.1 SRT Magnum, the SRT8 Charger, SRT Caliber, the SRT Jeep and the Chevy TrailBlazer SS lol. All mid to high 13 cars, except for the Jeep which is a f*cking freak.

ok, I was wrong :blush: ...those cars are gas efficient too :)

will go with reliability :D lol

Ben I saw a ws6 today...the third one I've EVER seen...it was lowered...HUGE rims/tires...nice hood...and sounded wow...I took a pic with my cell...lol and then a Honda passed by and I got distracted looool...

I should respond to this comment by linking you to the 6.1 SRT Magnum, the SRT8 Charger, SRT Caliber, the SRT Jeep and the Chevy TrailBlazer SS lol. All mid to high 13 cars, except for the Jeep which is a f*cking freak.

SRT caliber doesn't do mid-13's.....but I get your point regardless. Horsepower "wars" among manufacturers is getting crazy. Who would have thought 10 years ago that regular family sedans would be coming out with 260+hp and not even be out of the ordinary (alitma v6 for example)

SRT caliber doesn't do mid-13's.....but I get your point regardless. Horsepower "wars" among manufacturers is getting crazy. Who would have thought 10 years ago that regular family sedans would be coming out with 260+hp and not even be out of the ordinary (alitma v6 for example)

With minimal modification it does. With moderate modification they're on par with bolt on 03/04 Cobra's.

That's the reason why. Driving 30,000 miles a year makes that the most important factor to me and wouldn't trust a camaro like I would my teg. If it was a weekend car, then the teg would be gone and I'd be saving up for something different. Not only that but I get close to 30mpg city too which is where the camaro would fall behind. They're low 20's high teens in the city.

chevy small blocks last for f*cking ever though. there are a bunch of old 70's pickeups out here that are beat to all hell and the motors sound like tractors but they are still runnin and i'd be damned if the guy driving it wasn't the original owner. i know a few people around where i live who are running chevy 350's in their suburbans that came from the 80's with over 100k miles on them. hell my friends 72 galaxie 500 is still running, only stuff going bad are all the rubber parts that are rotten from the climate we live in. although i have to admit the only other non 4 cylinder motor i've seen with over 300k miles were diesels but i guess they don't really count.

ya but us Honda people would like to believe we have the most reliable cars...it makes us feel better...and if you try to distort our reality, we will vtec you! haha jk

Honda makes a reliable car. I'd like to see any SBC run without a piston like I've seen Honda's do. LOL. It can be done but it's definitely noticeable.

Archived