CRX?

This is the remake of the CRX hence the CR(Z) at the end.The rims on it look rice. but I think the car it self is pretty hot. Dont know about the specs on it yet.But from what i been reading its a hybrid. but since its a Honda im sure it can be anything in there. Let the Engine Swap projects begin.:ninja:

crzok8.jpg

hondacrzwz8.jpg

I DONT KNOW IF HE IS A LITTLE ASIAN MAN OR THE CAR IS BIGGER THEN THE REG CRX.. SORTA LOOKS LIKE THE SIZE OF THE NEWER HATCH.

hondacrz2oc9.jpg

Agree this car look SEXY!!!. No specs on the car yet I been looking alllllll over the web and cant find anything besides it being a hybrid.I truly cant wait for JDM to get a hold on tis thing and JDM the Sh!t out of it for street and not the everyday driver specs.

i don't think there will be much swapping or jdm this and that with this one. as far as I have found is that this was a hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle from the ground up. they designed it and never intended to ever put a gasoline engine in it, according to all of the press releases from the execs.

After honda kind of flopped with the hybrid civics they decided to start over. the problem is that honda was the original 'green' car maker, but the cars didn't really look any different then the normal cars. people wanted to buy something as a status symbol to show off how much they were environmentalists, and a civic with a 2in badge on the trunk didn't cut it. the insight was decent, but just too small and very weak looking. the prius was a success, so honda is trying to mimic that methodology with their next several car designs.

hehe too many drilled holes on those rotors lol...

this car keeps looking better...and leave it up to Honda fans to swap a gsr in it or something lol...

it's small...if it's light, it's the next crx that's going to be good for projects!!! :D

hehe too many drilled holes on those rotors lol...

this car keeps looking better...and leave it up to Honda fans to swap a gsr in it or something lol...

it's small...if it's light, it's the next crx that's going to be good for projects!!! :D

lol good eye i added some holes in paint since you couldnt really see them and wanted the pic to look more realistic.

i don't think there will be much swapping or jdm this and that with this one. as far as I have found is that this was a hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle from the ground up. they designed it and never intended to ever put a gasoline engine in it, according to all of the press releases from the execs.

After honda kind of flopped with the hybrid civics they decided to start over. the problem is that honda was the original 'green' car maker, but the cars didn't really look any different then the normal cars. people wanted to buy something as a status symbol to show off how much they were environmentalists, and a civic with a 2in badge on the trunk didn't cut it. the insight was decent, but just too small and very weak looking. the prius was a success, so honda is trying to mimic that methodology with their next several car designs.

You can't be serious? I doubt the popularity of the Civic Hybrid had anything to do with the design - which is actually doing better in sales lately. When compared, the Prius hands down is the clear winner. The greatest balance of mileage and amenities, the Prius was the greater bang for the buck...even after the 2nd gen Civic Hybrid was released, it couldn't hold a candle to the Prius. Indeed Honda is a green company, but they're dwellings into hybrid technology was rather haphazard. The Insight, as great a car as it was, with the no frills 2 seater of it all just couldn't compare to the spaciousness and well appointed features found on a Prius - it just made more sense. What was the point of buying a Hybrid Accord when it's mileage was similar to the V6 and yet way more expensive. Again, Toyota created what Hybrid buyers wanted and saw great sales with their Camry Hybrid. Obviously, Honda didn't stick all their eggs (and more importantly emissions credits) into the Hybrid bandwagon as Toyota did - who wishes to create a hybrid version of its entire car lineup it seems. It seems Honda's push into Hybrid wasn't a focus as they were more enticed by the ideas of NGV or Fuel Cells.

Anyhow, most likely this will be the hybrid Honda has been planning to slot under the Civic once the Insight stepped down. And I highly anticipate the design to be less aggressive and more bland when actually thrown into production - typical Honda bait and switch. If anything I'm guessing it's basically a Civic Hybrid stuffed inside a smaller package. Should offer what Honda enthusiasts enjoy about Hondas, which isn't so much about straight on power but creating a balance that maximize's everything.

You can't be serious? ...

I am. All of what you wrote was basically an embellishment on what I wrote in. Honda's two entry level hybrids failed because one was too much of an econobox and the other is because the car they put it in looked like everything else on the street. Why be green if you can't show it off? Somewhat different issue with the v6 hyrbid - alot more money for marginally better mileage. The v6 accord is really something tailored toward someone who wants a more powerful car (and not as worried about mpg) yet still be a honda, which is not the best target market for cramming a green car into.

Archived