drove away with the gas nozzle

Pballer2005

i was getting gas today and i accidentaly drove away with the nozzle still stuck in the tank. the quick release poped off but the edge of it looks a little tweaked and one of teh little balls is missing. i exchanged info with the guy at the station and when i asked him how much it would be to replace he said up to $500!! when i looked online i found the same exhact part and it was only $75. anybody have any good advice, besides not driving away with the nozzle. i'm thinking about just making it an insurance claim, and they say that anythign under $750 will not raise my premium, but i'll have to pay something in the end right?

My friend did that at a Mobil...it was $50 out of pocket. The lady behind the counter pulled out a clipboard which he signed, he was like #25 on the paper. That was for the month. Anyhow, not sure if your insurance will cover it tho.

bwhahahhaha!

someone probably took a picture of you driving away with it and it will end up in a "girls are horrible drivers email" in the next few weeks.

467_woman12.jpg

if the clerk wants to bill you for more than $50 contact the management, owner or the regional office and talk to someone there. Do not offer to pay. Just ask them what needs to be done. I used to work at a sunoco, this happens all the time and the station likely had a crate of them waiting in the storage room.

Whoa. It's ok, we all have our blonde moments.>_<

If you have to, take it to your insurance company, but I know mine would probably charge me a $500 deductible to begin with, even for a $50 part, and then refund the money once it's settled.

i got a call from them and they want 200 bucks, they said they have and invoice for it. the thing is it happened at about 11pm last night and tehy called at about 2 oclock this afternoon. i seriosuly duobt that they could have gotten a contractor out that fast to fix it, so i'm pretty sure that they just went out with a spare and fixed it themselves. it seems real fishy, specially when i found the exact part they use online for only $75.

x3772 do i just call and ask for the owner? i don't know what i can do, i feel kinda powerless being little ol' me up against the big bad gas company. oh and i can't see your picture it's just a red x. i didn't really go anywhere with it, the guy who was behind the counter was just coming out the door to stop me as it happened. i stopped right when i heard it pop out.

just call the station management or owner. you can ask one of the other employees, sometimes the info is on the front door "owned and operated by so and so..." Occasionally it is on a receipt. If it was a name brand station just get out the phone book and look them up. I am sure that the company would have a field office in a nearby city.

what was the station brand and the city you were in, maybe I can assist?

I don't mean to be racist but if the owner is a middle eastern person, you're going to get raped. it shouldn't be surprising.

funny you should say that but they are muslim, and i was thinking the exact same thing.

just call the station management or owner. you can ask one of the other employees, sometimes the info is on the front door "owned and operated by so and so..." Occasionally it is on a receipt. If it was a name brand station just get out the phone book and look them up. I am sure that the company would have a field office in a nearby city.

what was the station brand and the city you were in, maybe I can assist?

i tried calling exxon mobile's office and they said that the additional $100 was for service charges to have someone install it and to pay for the inspector to approve the repair.

the staion is Mobil, all the signs and reciepts say Mike's Mobil. i hope you can help soon because they are real itchy to get their money, they expect me to pay them tomorrow by 1pm or they will call my insurance, and my insurance is high enough.

real question is why you stuck around and gave them your insurance info in the first place?

I would have handed the nozzle to the guy at the counter, said sorry man and then hauled ass out the door.

if you talked to the exxon people tell them you will pay for the damages if you have to, but not until they provide you with the receipts for the charges. have you called your insurance agent yet to ask him what will happen if they file a claim for that value?

real question is why you stuck around and gave them your insurance info in the first place?

I would have handed the nozzle to the guy at the counter, said sorry man and then hauled ass out the door.

if you talked to the exxon people tell them you will pay for the damages if you have to, but not until they provide you with the receipts for the charges. have you called your insurance agent yet to ask him what will happen if they file a claim for that value?

they are giving me a reciept for the parts and labor. i have a $1000 deductable that i'd have to pay, then once they work it out they'll pay it back. i can afford $200 but not $1000. and they have security camera's everywhere so they could have just taken my plate # to the dmv and looked me up.

security cameras, hah. some stations have cameras that are worth a damn. most places that have cameras the cameras aren't high enough res to read a plate number if the camera even works at all.

well, if $200 is the best you can get, then go for it.

i went ahead and gave them a check today. i made the check out to the company, not any personal name. what about sent me over the edge was that the guy who made the repair tried to call me and ask where to send the bill to. i told him that i had already sent a $200 check to mobil and that they had their money. i have a reciept that lists the parts, labor, and has the repair guys signiture so they can't pull anything on me.

Archived