So What's Been goin on doodz?

90IntegraC1

i think its only a year here. plus in AZ you dont need a front plate and you can tint all you want. plus you can live here for $435 a month, fully furnished and all utilities paid for

DSC09790.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That plus it turned out to be a salvage from the time you first got it and they just didn't tell you, right? That's pretty sketchy if I'm remembering things right from your other thread...

How so? Hit a deer, insurance looked at it, insurance totalled it.

I just wondered how they made that calculation. From your pic it looked like you needed a bumper, hood, fender and a light assembly. spray it all and thats what? maybe $1000-$1500. I wanted to know more about it since the car, even stock, still would book at around 3-5k.

yea a guess so. its so unpredictable... dependning on who does the eval too.

look at my sol, the frame is completely destroyed in the front pass side. everything was hammered out enough to mount everything back together and they just used bigger nuts, bolts and washers to hold it all together. I had to install one-piece headlights because there was nothing to attach the turn signal to anymore. it kept falling out.

That plus it turned out to be a salvage from the time you first got it and they just didn't tell you, right? That's pretty sketchy if I'm remembering things right from your other thread...

You are correct, to an extent. The guy who did my motor swap in my EH2 built the EJ6 with his good friend, who owned it, and I jumped on it when I heard about it. I was told that it was a "theft recovery," because the B18C5 motor was stolen from it. I was never told that it had been wrecked, a few times. In Maryland, there are no R-Titles. If you "total" your car, you just fix it and go on your merry way.

I just wondered how they made that calculation. From your pic it looked like you needed a bumper, hood, fender and a light assembly. spray it all and thats what? maybe $1000-$1500. I wanted to know more about it since the car, even stock, still would book at around 3-5k.

There is stuff bent and cracked underneath, rusted and all. Since it was "totalled" before, the blue book value drops.

i'm assuming you are just taking what cash they give you and keeping the car?

edit: the above was a stupid comment. what I mean was will you be taking the cash and fixing the car, OR taking the cash and parting/cashing out the car and buying something else?

Archived