I got an S2000

..SSR..

so everyones calling bs? it's the 22, no new replys and no pictures. i agree.

Any of the OG's that read this will understand.

Quick Recap: When SSR first showed up here, as SuperStreetRX7 ;) he boasted about how he was going to have a candy apple red S2000 (when he turned 18) that was going to be full carbon fiber bodied, etc etc etc. He got schooled at least a couple of times a week because of it.

its a joke

Business has been really good so I picked up an S2000 a couple of weeks ago.

Engine is ready to be put together as soon as the block gets back from AEBS. Full-Race turbo kit is waiting patiently. Custom one piece carbon fiber front end is in transit to me as I type, along with cf doors, hardtop, rear bumper, and trunklid. Going to have a local body shop wrap the 1/4 panels in cf and spray the whole car candy apple red, but only enough so you can still see the carbon fiber. Mark Williams made a carbon fiber driveshaft for it and I'm running a Nissan Silvia rear end in it since the stock rear end sucks. Still need to get the suspension, seats, and wheels.

LOL. I guess no one can say, "You have to have an S2K...it's in your avatar" Geez...I always liked how everyone who started a flame war with you goes after "your s2" because it was in your avatar.

Okay, I hate dignifying these sorts of posts with a response. But the Degree in Chemistry is coming out.

Carbon Fiber driveshaft?

I don’t think so. First, it would be so big and cumbersome, there would have to a special enclosure. Second, what you gain in lost-weight you loose in strength.

A titanium driveshaft would good idea if the alloy was mixed right, but a carbon fiber driveshaft sounds like something a 13 year old would come up with.

Not to mention the idea of taking a weight saving material like carbon fiber and essentially gluing it to the steel exterior of a car. Wouldn't it make general sense to replace the steel with the carbon fiber?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived