Fnf s2000

Guest HondaCRX16

Guest HondaCRX16

I think the S2000 is one of the sweetest cars in TF&TF.  What is YOUR favorite car from the movie?

Rex

i thought dat dose blak civx had mad tyte wings, yo.  NEbody no what dey wer so i can do dat to my civik?   :D  ???

on a more serious note, why cant more people realize that most import cars(especially civics) are not meant for racing?  Its funny how one has to spend lots of money to get their imports to run fast when most musclecars are fast stock.  (there are some exceptions to this:WRX,SupraTT,3000gt VR-4)  I still love my mustang tho.  Like i heard once "speed kills.  Buy an import, and live forever"

Why can't more people realize that 5.0L > 2.2L

engine size doesnt really mean much.

the 5.0 ford engine is an OHV pushrod V-8. it isnt as efficient as a SOHC or DOHC engine.  my mazda 626 has a 2.5L DOHC V-6 that puts out more horsepower than my explorer with the OHV 4.0L V-6.

i dont remember the exact numbers but the Bugatti EB110 had a V-12 engine that was less then 200 ci, and it put out 611 hp. a stock ford 302 ci V-8 puts out only 225 hp.

a subaru wrx 2.0l flat 4 turbo puts out 227 hp (the 2004 will put out almost 280 hp).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

at the end of the movie, he's driving i believe a 70 Chevelle SS. could be wrong on the year.

my fav cars:

del sol w/ the 6th gen f/e conversion(white)

the supra(partial to those cars....fav. car i've actually driven)

all time fav in F&F:

r33 skyline GT-R :wub:

all time fav in F&F:

r33 skyline GT-R :wub:

I do believe that was an R34 but I could be very wrong, at least at the car show the car they had in the F&F booth was an R34 but it was blue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
engine size doesnt really mean much.

the 5.0 ford engine is an OHV pushrod V-8. it isnt as efficient as a SOHC or DOHC engine. my mazda 626 has a 2.5L DOHC V-6 that puts out more horsepower than my explorer with the OHV 4.0L V-6.

i dont remember the exact numbers but the Bugatti EB110 had a V-12 engine that was less then 200 ci, and it put out 611 hp. a stock ford 302 ci V-8 puts out only 225 hp.

a subaru wrx 2.0l flat 4 turbo puts out 227 hp (the 2004 will put out almost 280 hp).

Sure engine size means a whole lot, its the best way to increase power without fiddling around with exotic engine combinations, larger engine sizes generally equate to more torque as well, witch as you may or may not know is just as important if not more imprtant than horsepower

saying a stock 302 only puts out so much horsepower dosent mean much ford has been making the 302 for like 30 years now 302's have made and do make a alot of different power figures, but if you are refering to the last years of the fox body mustang, (witch I think you are) then let me tell you that the only reason that they were making so little power is becuase of previous smog regulations, they were forced to make certain power effecting changes to there engines to comply with smog standards. even though I hate ford you still cant say anything bad about a car that runs 10's with nothing more than bolt on mods.

But the same principle applies to every engine I mean think of it this way,

A Blitz skyline gtr puts out somthing like 880 horse, while a chevy 502 bigblock makes 500 horse from the factory. does this mean the somhow blitz has managed to make a motor that is more powerfull than nearly any other? no it just means that they were willing to stress the motor out rediculously, twin turbo a chevy 502 and run the same amount of boost and see how much power your making.

The whole point of this was not to say domestic over import or anything like that I was just saying that angines can put out a wide degree of power.

Sure engine size means a whole lot...

ok, maybe i worded it wrong. my response was basically for those people that say "there's no replacement for displacement"

basically what i meant to say is that the engine size isnt as important as the engine build. a SOHC engine is more efficient then a pushrod OHV engine of the same displacement. a DOHC is even more efficient. look at the difference between the OHV chevy 5.7l and the DOHC chevy 5.7l. or look at the ford ranger OHV 4.0 and the SOHC 4.0. the DOHC 4.6l in mustangs produce more horsepower and torque then the OHV 5.0l.

i dont have anything against pushrod engines. they are usually very easy to modify. but a DOHC engine of the same displacement with a few bolt on mods and upgrades will produce massive amounts of HP and torque.

what years were the corvettes with the 350ci engine that only produced 160hp? i think it was the late 70s.

so what i should've said was that engine size does count, but the engine type matters more.

Over boost:

I dont think any corvette has ever had bellow 200 horse, and i usually pridew myself in such knowledge, however There were a bunch of camaro's in the 70's with only like 120 horse and 350's, however they still had big torque witch made them reasonably fast for the time.

They saying there is no replacement for displacement is not really a good saying. although in some respects its true. Bigger equals better, but you can get the same amount of power will slightly smaller engines with good engine combinations.

I dont think any corvette has ever had bellow 200 horse.....

1953-1954: 150hp

1955: 155hp (optional 195hp)

1972: 200hp (optional 255hp and 270hp from a 454 big block)

1973-1974: 190hp (optional 250hp and 270hp from 454 big block)

1975: 165hp (optional 205 hp)

1976-1977: 180hp (optional 210hp)

1978: 185hp (optional 220hp for pace car)

1979: 190hp (optional 225hp)

1980: 190hp (optional 230hp)

1981: 190hp no optional engine

1982: 200hp no otional engine

1984: 205hp on new C4 vette

most of the optional engines were rare or special editions. most corvettes of that year had the first hp figure.

Archived