How come hondas are so fast??

Hellion_2300

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speedjunkie would tear us all a new butthead. And you know whats funny about it, he is what ALL you guys are sayin is slow...... a 2.3L turbo 4banger. See our 4bangers can actually do something, its just not as easy as putting in NAWZ and calling it a race car.

Yeah and our cars aren't?

We are starting with either 1.5L SOHC's, 1.6L SOHC's, 1.6L DOHC's, or 1.8L DOHC's. So don't give us crap about taking a 2.3L and having to turbo it, step down to our level.

I started with a 1.5L SOHC 50whp, now I'm up to around 200whp all motor on my 1.8L DOHC motor. And to think, I'm only weighing in at 2100lbs without me in it. Wait until I go turbo and am seeing 400whp. It's not just "as easy as putting in NAWZ" I have a great deal of money into this car, more then I've dumped into any car, and it isn't the fastest car I've owned. You may be talking about the Hoinda owners who don't know jack crap about their cars or the ones who've only owned a Honda. I personally know a lot about a lot of different types of cars, because I've owned a variety of cars, and I like to know my competition. Before I got beat by a Honda in my mid 12 second Trans Am, had no idea you could even do motor swaps. I'm guessing you two Mustang owners are somewhere in there too. You can make ANY car fast with enough money.

I'm not starting crap, but what the f*ck is the purpose of signing up for a forum and start off by saying Hondas are slow. Believe me, if I was remotely close to Washington, I'd go there when I'm done my turbo setup and race for a good deal of money.

What's even better is having a POS beat the hell out of you, for instance my '92 Civic..busted as hell..gutted as can be..

b18c5 swap, b16 tranny with quaife lsd, ACT clutch and multiple bolt on's. f*cker moved.

I never liked Mustang owners or most Evolution or STi owners...

...to be honest, I never liked Honda owners and I really don't like F-Body owners anymore. Well most. ;) You'll find out if I like you or not when you open the packages, if there is a big turd inside one, you'll know. :) USPS Stink Bomb!

I read a little more and I see that he wasn't "flaming," just directing every new driver who drives like an butthead to us Honda guys.

But yeah, I'd like to continue the GM vs Ford dispute though. :)

Wow I will admit that Firebird had soem balls. And what are you trying to say about "real tire burning"?? My car can do the same f*cking thing, but I dont have the money to get new tires every week. You know whats really fun? Goin to walmart (you should know what im talking about since some of you ricer boys buy your car stuff there :wink:) but anyways you buy 2 of the $30 trailer tires and go in the parking lot and swap your rear tires with those and go to town. I can actually hold a really nice drift with those tires.

But if you think your cool cause you dump tires down the drain, then you should have some kind of ware house full of them. Did you see my burnout?? That was about 3-4 seconds long and the smoke was goin everywhere with about half throttle. Ive never done full throttle but Ive done 3rd gear burnouts.

compuvision you must go through alot of tires. wtf is everyone argueing about? hellion's a cool dude just lookin to learn something. i was the same way when i had my ford ranger. i didn't hate on anyone. my ranger wasn't any faster than an integra ls but i still loved it. you don't have to have a fast car to like it.

hellion out of curiosity why did you choose a 4cyl mustang? i'm guessing you didn't get it for speed cuz an 88hp motor in a pretty heavy car aint going anywhere too quick. and i know what you mean about kids with their ricers, that's all we have up here. in most places ricers are considered to be asian, but since we have so many illegals down here most people assosiate honda's with beaners, and i mean full on beaners. guys with shaved heads, wife beater shirts, torn up shorts that hang off their asses, and white or black socks pulled up to their knees, and pretend to be in some kind of gang.

compuvision you must go through alot of tires. wtf is everyone argueing about? hellion's a cool dude just lookin to learn something. i was the same way when i had my ford ranger. i didn't hate on anyone. my ranger wasn't any faster than an integra ls but i still loved it. you don't have to have a fast car to like it.

hellion out of curiosity why did you choose a 4cyl mustang? i'm guessing you didn't get it for speed cuz an 88hp motor in a pretty heavy car aint going anywhere too quick. and i know what you mean about kids with their ricers, that's all we have up here. in most places ricers are considered to be asian, but since we have so many illegals down here most people assosiate honda's with beaners, and i mean full on beaners. guys with shaved heads, wife beater shirts, torn up shorts that hang off their asses, and white or black socks pulled up to their knees, and pretend to be in some kind of gang.

I didnt really choose it man. I had birthday money and wanted a car REALLY bad. I just saw this stang on the side of the road and was never driven and it was in excelent shape. So I knocked on the door and I talked to the lady who owned it. She said it was her sons and he went to prison for a long ass time. And she didnt drive it cause it was having a few minor problems. So I was telling her I am interested in it and she told me to name a price and I said $300 and she siad sure. After I bought it I did realize it needed a bit of work and I got the whole engine and drivetrain in good running condition and now it is a reliable car. After about a month of gettine it I had restored the interior and made it looking really nice. But it was slow as hell!! I like my car cause it has me writtin all over it and although it may not be fast, it gets the job done in most cases. Its not a real racer, but a beater that I beat the hell out of it by roastin the tires, rippin the e-brake in parking lots, etc etc etc.....

Sometimes i wished that I should have saved my money for a 5.0 mustang. It would have to be a 4-eye mustang cause those are my favs.

So i have no idea why i chose a 4-banger, but glad I did cause I have some friends out there that like them.

In the two years I owned it, I think I went through 8 sets of rear only tires and a set of drag radials.

And yes, stop referring to us as ricers.

And I consider real tire burning to be a in a V8 or a forced induction I4, I6, or V6. I'm not too hot on FWD burnouts, hense why I don't do them unless at the track, and RWD burnouts with lack of horsepower.

Archived