How come hondas are so fast??

Hellion_2300

347 "stroker" do i need to fill you in on that?? I pulled it from a 83 mustang and rebuilt top to bottom. A 347 stroker is a 302 stroked out. Not to mention that a 94 mustang GT would walk a 93 LS1 anyday, I dont even wanna get started with a LS1 vs. 5.0 challenge here. Start your own thread in a mustang or camaro forum if you are gonna flame on me with LS1's in a "honda" forum. Trust me man, have you seen me get cocky with my 4cyl??? ummmmmm let me see [scrolls through the pages]

no.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many inaccuracies in the post above mine..

I think I can clarify.

1.) LS1 wasn't around till 98.

2.) 347's aren't THAT fast.

3.) LS1 block/bottom end holds up to a LOT more power/torque than any cheesy ass 5.0 block IE; it's not gonna crack under a mere 500chp.

4.) Average 87/95 5.0L GT = low 15's, maybe a high 14 and at the VERY best a mid 14. Average LS1 F-Car = high 12's, averaging low 13's, and at the highest a a mid 13, even in auto trim because as usual, GM's auto transmission's are far superior to the Ford auto transmission's.

5.) 383 stroker, anyone? How bout 400?

poor little civic....

why exactly are you ripping on the guy? no point did he say his ride was fast. he was just poking fun at teenage idiots - in this case the idiot was driving a honda

So far from you arguments this is what I now know: you should pull the 4cyl from your mustang and install an ls1 because they were better, gm muscle that is 15 years newer will pwn your stock carbed early 80's stangs left over from the fuel crisis years, and one automatic trans is supposedly better then another automatic trans - but who the hell cares about autos except for soccer moms and senior citizens?

poor little civic....

why exactly are you ripping on the guy? no point did he say his ride was fast. he was just poking fun at teenage idiots - in this case the idiot was driving a honda

So far from you arguments this is what I now know: you should pull the 4cyl from your mustang and install an ls1 because they were better, gm muscle that is 15 years newer will pwn your stock carbed early 80's stangs left over from the fuel crisis years, and one automatic trans is supposedly better then another automatic trans - but who the hell cares about autos except for soccer moms and senior citizens?

Awww look at him, he's being a smartass. How cute. :)

Nah, it's sad that even "new age" crap that is already five years old STILL outperforms any naturally aspirated FORD setup that's commercially available to the public in that car genre IE; 3v Mustang GT.

But, we won't go into that. Ford's boldly going where everyone else when years ago.

And your auto comment was retarded. I want you to go find me any real dedicated drag racer (because this is what I'm getting at, everyone knows a stock mustang isn't a twistytrack car) and ask him what he prefers? Auto tranny with manual valvebody or 5/6 speed setup.

it was supposed to be retarded, because the whole argument was retarded. actually I don't really care what the answer is. if I gave a sh!t about either of them then I would care to have an opinion.

it doesn't take a smartass to recognize someone picking a ford vs gm fight and in a honda forum at that. :rolleyes: and the person you are trying to pick a fight with wasn't instigating anything.

(most) people and their domestics are all the same...even on a honda forum

/done

quit flaming on the guy. he wasnt saying anything bad about us. he hates the stupid rice head teenagers who go out and race their little stock civics and cause problems.

rbolander, you are one of the only people in here that doesnt try and act like you know it all and bringing up a chevy vs. ford argument about. Your cool like that. :wink:

Now i kinda wanna stay on this 350c.i. 93 firebird and 94 5.0 GT Mustang topic. With very little money and bolt-ons you can make a Mustang pull ahead of a 93 Firebird. You could Turbocharge a 350 firebird and fine tune a mustang and woop its ass on the track. What I mean of "fine tuning" is cold air intake, ECU chip, bigger injecters, a nice flowing exhaust, and mach up the ignition system. Thats pretty sad also. Ive seen it done and saw the outcome and the firebird spent 2X the cash then the Mustang and still gets stomped on. Firebirds and Camaros are strong stock cars cause chevy made big power for them and did the good stuff for a engine work well. Thats where Ford messed up. But that can be fixed.

So..... how many people in here are ricer boys and have to be gay and show off thier primered body kits and wings??

You'll spend at least 2 grand on any Ford prior to the 05 Mustang's just to get it running alongside said GM opponent car of that era.

ANd this started as my being sarcastic and a smartass but due to dumb comments and people wanting to be jackasses, well..it changed.

Oh, you know a cheaper way?

I find it hilarious it takes Procharging a 99/04 Mustang GT just for it to hang with a bolt on LS1.

I also find it hilarious that for any 5.0 powered car it takes H/C/I with a majority of the bolt on's for it to even be thought of taken seriously.

I've driven both.

'92 Civic CX - ITR swap, b16 tranny with bolt on's

'00 Civic CX - boosted GSR swap @ 10 psi running high 12's on dr's

'02 WS6 - SLP LM Catback exhaust, JET Skipshift Eliminator, 12.8@115 (with that setup, faster now.)

<---My old car...

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

110,000 Miles

4L60E Transmission

SLP High Flow Air Box Lid

SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust System

Free Ram Air Modification

Nitto NT555R Drag Radials

AC Delco Cross Drilled and Slotted Front Brake Rotors

PaceSetter Long Tube Headers

PaceSetter Off-Road Y-Pipe

60' 1.965

1/4 12.688 @ 110.51

Ported OEM Throttle Body

Throttle Body Bypass

DynoMax High Flow Catalytic Converter

60' X.XXX

1/4 XX.XXX @ XXX.XX

Yeah, times that supercharged Mustangs run. My friend had tons of work into his 1995 GT and was still going 14.1's; big torque converter, full exhaust, full intake work, gears, and I forget what else.

I don't mean to make this some big bitchfest but I started out my responses by merely f*cking around.

HE'S the one that made the terrible responses.

Methinks Rob is my Azn Brotha From Anotha Motha, lmao. He's a T/A fan, owns a Civic..I'm a Civic fan..own a T/A..

Hmmm.

So i was driving down the road last night and I hear the wierd noise and I was doing the speed limit and he was paaing me and he had to shift thru like 3 gears to pass me while doing the speed limit. I drive a mustang btw.
hondas are fast? when did this happen lol i drive a 1992 mustang 2.3t with about 300+ hp,

i raced a honda the other day and he had me at the start(didint know we were racing ) i got the hint when i heard a loud ass noise coming from his tailpipe so i pressed down on the pedal a little more and i saw him in my rear veiw mirror i was like uhhh where did he go, i caught the light a few later and he pulled up and said is that how its gonna be i got NAWZ so i looked at the biker helmet on my passenger seat from a biking accident from my friend(he forgot his helmet) so i said yeah thats hows it gonna be put on the helmet closed the visor looked at the honda kid and gave him a rev he looked at me and did a U-turn and left.

hondas are fast? when did this happen lol i drive a 1992 mustang 2.3t with about 300+ hp,<BR> i raced a honda the other day and he had me at the start(didint know we were racing ) i got the hint when i heard a loud ass noise coming from his tailpipe so i pressed down on the pedal a little more and i saw him in my rear veiw mirror i was like uhhh where did he go, i caught the light a few later and he pulled up and said is that how its gonna be i got NAWZ so i looked at the biker helmet on my passenger seat from a biking accident from my friend(he forgot his helmet) so i said yeah thats hows it gonna be put on the helmet closed the visor looked at the honda kid and gave him a rev he looked at me and did a U-turn and left.

So um, with all that jibber jabber you failed to mention what modification's you have.

Takes a lot of work to get a 2.3 to make even 200whp.

mmmmhmmmm.

Custom boost controller is an oxymoron. What's custom about it? It adjusts boost, period. FMIC is pretty necessary for any decent turbo setup.

Archived