How come hondas are so fast??

Hellion_2300

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man if I had a civic my dad would dis-own me. He hates them, but I thing they nice qick little fuel economy cars. I dont wanna nd up driving a Geo Metro with about 50 FWHP now do I?? I like my stang though, its quick and gets the job done and can tell you different with its little 4cyl engine instead of a V8. That thing will hit about 60mph in the end of 2nd gear (C4 3-speed trans). And tops out at 95mph

What are you tryin to say man?

I'm saying that my Trans Am is greater than a majority of the Honda's here, speed wise and most likely handling being as no one has a die-hard suspension setup, and I know for a fact it's ages ahead of your Mustang. And, most of the time, the same applies stock and stock. lawlz.

I think my mustang handles pretty good around corners. (its pretty hard to slide around corners even when its wet out and no tread on the tires and its light)

That video, what year was that stang? And it looks like that acura inched its way past the stang. I could put up alot of stangs picking on hondas but it would be pointless. I found a video when these people redlined a civic for a long ass time and put water in the oil port for putting oil in. I could find that video if nobody has seen it

Everyone has seen that video, several times.

And there is no way that was an '03 Cobra, so I highly doubt it was making 420 horsepower. Might have been a eaton m112'd 2v GT, but not a Cobra.

do that to a mustang engine and see how long it lasts.

And that's something you want to brag about? How long your engine will last with water in it?

.. No, not really good to know in ANY case.

You get water in your engine, not all of them are going to respond like that.

sar·casm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/

–noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

you know, not all hondas are driven by those stupid ricer teenagers that think stickers make their cars race cars, just like im sure you mustang drivers deal with dumbass drivers of v6 mustangs that think they are all badass with their huge rims and stickers.

there are really fast hondas out there just like there are really fast mustangs out there. Its just that people have different passions about the types of cars they drive. We should at least have a mutual respect for each other since we both share a passion for modifying our cars. Ive seen mustangs beat hondas and ive seen hondas beat mustangs. My civic was able to beat stock 2005 mustang GTs no problem but ive been beaten by the new 07 mustang gts.

I just dont understand why people have to go on other sites and flame someone that they dont even know. its not right, nor is it mature.

hey yeah i totally agree. i drive a pretty much stock civic and get beaten all the time. My best friend had a V6 stang and beat almost every ricer in my town. he got beat a couple of times, and sure the mustang may have more torque and hp sometimes, but in the end its apples and oranges. Muscle cars and ricers. they all have their ups and downs. and like others here have said it depends on your passion. how about we (basically all car drivers) quit acting like 4 year olds and quit with the "ooo my car is better than yours!" i myself am looking to build my civic someday when i get money. so yeah. thats all

hey yeah i totally agree. i drive a pretty much stock civic and get beaten all the time. My best friend had a V6 stang and beat almost every ricer in my town. he got beat a couple of times, and sure the mustang may have more torque and hp sometimes, but in the end its apples and oranges. Muscle cars and ricers. they all have their ups and downs. and like others here have said it depends on your passion. how about we (basically all car drivers) quit acting like 4 year olds and quit with the "ooo my car is better than yours!" i myself am looking to build my civic someday when i get money. so yeah. thats all

And this is why I am not flaring on you guys. Come on now, have I said something mean to you guys like calling you ricers, rice burners, rice mobiles, rice beaters, stuff about your big fart can exhaust, the wings you have, the primered body kits you like, roof scoops, stickers all over your car, fake gauges, neon lights, your fake turbo exhausts, and etc etc etc.....

My main reason for coming in here was to find a few things out, I finally found out what VTEC was and what it does to increase power. Trust me, i dont make fun of you guys cause if I pulled up to one of you guys, I would get a ass woopin from your "stock" civics. I am just a 4cyl mustang kid gettin killed by you guys, and I wanna know why some teen kids drivin civics are always bein a weiner to me like passin me for no reason what so ever, and revin thier engines at stop lights all the time. So if you think im makin fun of hondas, get me banned.

And this is why I am not flaring on you guys. Come on now, have I said something mean to you guys like calling you ricers, rice burners, rice mobiles, rice beaters, stuff about your big fart can exhaust, the wings you have, the primered body kits you like, roof scoops, stickers all over your car, fake gauges, neon lights, your fake turbo exhausts, and etc etc etc.....

My main reason for coming in here was to find a few things out, I finally found out what VTEC was and what it does to increase power. Trust me, i dont make fun of you guys cause if I pulled up to one of you guys, I would get a ass woopin from your "stock" civics. I am just a 4cyl mustang kid gettin killed by you guys, and I wanna know why some teen kids drivin civics are always bein a weiner to me like passin me for no reason what so ever, and revin thier engines at stop lights all the time. So if you think im makin fun of hondas, get me banned.

i like you. in a non ghey way of course.:thumbsup:

its just that there are too many damn ricers out there that have to have the body kits and big ass wings. 90% of the people on this site hate ricers.

I dont "hate" them, its just cause "some" people watch fast and the furious and get a honda as thier first car and have to put all thier money into them and not doing it right. If your gonna put a ground effects body kit on atleast wait till you have the money to get it painted and then put it on. There is also a big selection of wings to put on them (no im not talking about the wings from pepboys for $30 that look very very ridiculous). I know when I see a honda that is done right. I'm talking about body kits that match the paint, expensive rims made from magnisioem <(spelling error), a exhaust that actually muffles the sound with still getting good air flow with a header to back it up, etc etc etc. But when people have those primered body kits, loud ass fart cans, shopping cart spoilers, stickers, and fake side pipes :confused:. Those people are called "ricers" dont care what anyone says. Unless you have some major mods like turbo's and forged internals then you are just another teenager that doesnt know how to spend thier money the "right way". I am gonna update my sig cause with my car normal so some people dont think its real or im making fun of them :wink:

So i was driving down the road last night and I hear the wierd noise and I was doing the speed limit and he was paaing me and he had to shift thru like 3 gears to pass me while doing the speed limit. I drive a mustang btw.

Congratulations, you've experienced a stockish D-Series.

You should really be one to talk, older Mustangs are slow as f*cking balls stock, hell the first decently quick GT didn't come out until like 2003. And you have the f*cking four cylinder out of all of them. GM > Honda > Ford

Hey man quit f*cking flaming on me!! I didnt come in here and talk any crap of any of you guys. I paid $300 for my car a year ago and it has come a long ass way. And you know whats even better..... I have a 347 stroker I'm building right now and it will be done with my new head gaskets. All I will need after that is a 8.8" rear-end, new drife shaft and upgraded suspension. Then we will see who is slow buddy!

And then once I get a new job, which I've pretty much got locked, I'll finish my plans and run mid to low 11's all day.

Funny, a worked 347 for a Ford...is it me or did GM have stock 350's ages ago, haha. Let alone the potent LS1 346ci's or the semi-potent LT1 350ci's. But where are they now? Oh yeah, up with the 6.0L's and 7.0L's, and Ford doesn't even want to hear about the Blue Devil.

I'm not flaming, I'm just responding to the original post, so what's happened within the last few pages, I didn't bother to read.

I read a little of the first page, seems like now you are saying that you were just talking about new drivers. You ever seen a new driver in a Mustang or F-Body? They are the biggest buttheads, regardless of it being a V6, V8, a new one, an old one, or in your case a four cylinder. Most kids who want to get into cars when they get their license are buttheads, regardless of how fast they really are.

I am going to say this, Mustang owners are the worst car owners to deal with. Sure they can be fast, but the majority of the street driven ones, besides the 2003/2004 Cobras, are 13-14 second cars.

I love my big shiney muffler...

02fd2.jpg

Archived