2004 TL

Anyone check out the 04 TL over on VTEC.net or ClubTSX.com? (I'll go grab a pic in a minute...)

It looks like a bigger TSX...which is not bad, since the TSX is already a fine looking car. Not big on the whole "product similarity" such as the old Beemers and Benzes, but whatever.

maybe i stand alone on this but the 04 looks bleh but yeah, frankies right...its like a branch off of the TSX. whatever happened to the side mirrors anyway?

According to the resident insider over at ClubTSX, the thing will come with similar mirrors as the TSX, signals and all. This is supposedly the "concept," even though about 90% or so will be production.

i agree juiced, its a bit too "pointy" at some parts and look kind of weird. i might have to see it modified in order to like it or something but it has to be HEAVILY modified! when is acura going to open its eyes and design better looking cars? oh and when will the RL come in v8 RWD?! fack! whenever they do, im gettin it in a quickness..

I doubt ever seeing a turbo on a production Honda (minus their K-cars). V8 RWD, I'm doubting also in the Acura line. Big gas guzzling engines go against everything Honda. I think the rumors are going with a Performance Hybrid and AWD. Took 'em a while to get a V6 in an Accord, so who knows. Maybe with Acura's restructuring (again) they'll realize that V8's are the way to go...

• 2 weeks later...

The next RL is going to be a high tech V6 with AWD...A V8 would have pushed the price higher than Acura wants....The current RL is , shall we say, BOOOOORING and doesn't warrant the high entry cost (it looks way too cheap inside). The next one should be a lot nicer---if the TSX is any sign, Acura's interiors are getting much better!

• 2 months later...

Anyone keeping up with the new TL? A lot of supposed specs have been floating around some forums and boy does it sound like Acura is seriously ready to join the luxo-battle. Set to go up against the Lexus GS300/430, the new TL, altho a bit smaller than the current TL, will offer 270+hp, 6MT, and AWD. Good stuff don't you think? I'd seriously consider one, they look perty nice.

fbb5b326.jpg

the black one you posted doesn't look too bad...take off the bra, wash it and polish it with mothers and it would be looking pretty sweet. i wonder what a silver one would look like with the bra? i doubt it would look bad, but i've just never been a fan of bra's...know what i mean?

Gotta remember it's a spy shot. So your missing the chrome surrounds on the windows and chrom accents on the grill and trunk. Also they masked up the huge character line down the side. And that bra is more to hide the front design than protect the front.

Never a fan of the bra myself. Prolly does more damage than it's suppose to protect from IMO.

Archived