my boyfriend's DelSol

xer0sgirlx

ok, my fiance is xer0. he used to always be on here before he left for basic. and i was wondering if anyone knew what he wanted for a DelSol? he would try and tell me, but it's like jibberish. i want to get him a DelSol for when he comes home.

he told me you guys could help me find a car (he thinks the car is for me). thanks.

Well, EH6TD, or Texas Dan as I call him, does have a sweet sol, so he prolly wouldn't be disappointed with it. But to be honest xer0 was looking to get his hands on a 96-97 del Sol that was pretty much, if not completely stock (unmodded in case you're not a car girl) that deffo had a manual transmission and wasn't in need of too much work just to get it driveable. Hope that helps.

Well, EH6TD, or Texas Dan as I call him, does have a sweet sol, so he prolly wouldn't be disappointed with it. But to be honest xer0 was looking to get his hands on a 96-97 del Sol that was pretty much, if not completely stock (unmodded in case you're not a car girl) that deffo had a manual transmission and wasn't in need of too much work just to get it driveable. Hope that helps.

ok thanks. i'm somewhat a car girl. i can't do much from my head, i need a manual or someone telling me what to do basically. but thanks. at least i semi know what he was looking for.

First off,

Welcome to Hondaforums. Im the guy that convinced Xero to go in the military for EOD school. He is a cool guy.

Just find him an unmodified del sol with low miles. check autotrader and craigslist in your area.

First off,

Welcome to Hondaforums. Im the guy that convinced Xero to go in the military for EOD school. He is a cool guy.

Just find him an unmodified del sol with low miles. check autotrader and craigslist in your area.

thanks for welcoming me. i'm basically just here for when i'm gonna fix up the Del Sol and what not. & yeah, he is a cool guy that's why i'm doing this for him.

what do you consider 'low' miles?

^highly improbable though. not many finds have that low of miles on it.

what would you suggest then? i'm completely open to anything. plus, i really have NO idea what i'm supposed to be looking for.

Anything below 100k is low miles to me, when we're talking about a Honda.

Look for the same things that you'd look for in a car to a certain extent. Ex: What condition is the body in, how clean is the interior/engine bay, how well was it kept up, how forthcoming is the previous owner with information, etc.

Then just add to that xer0s tastes for a 96-97 (they won't have the two little circular aux. lights between the headlights like the one in my signature does) that has a manual transmission. Does he want AC, power steering, stock honda rims, etc? And what's his favorite color for them?

I think he made a few threads in this section with possible sols he was looking at. Find them by going to his profile and clicking "find member's topics" and see what he was looking at and what he said about it. That should help too.

Good luck.

125k and under would be good, it'll be tough to find anything under 50k. I bought mine 6 years ago, and it had 59k on it at the time.

I'm not sure what he would have wanted, but a 95, or 96-97 VTEC model would be ideal, or an Si if you can't find a VTEC model.

Nobody has asked the one question that will change every perspective that will be taken into question, before narrowing it down to the few you will choose from; so I will. What is your price range?

I think this will make things much easier, because then we can pretty much tell you what you can find for the price in terms of condition, mileage, and options.

50,000 miles and under, as CRG7 said, will be extremely hard to find. I bought my 1995 Civic two and a half years ago with 60,000 miles and it was fairly pricey for a 10 year old, at the time, car. Again, as CRG7 said, around 125,000 will probably be around the mileage you will be finding them for, depending on your price range. I don't really know too much about xer0, to be honest, I don't remember much at all, but I am guessing he plans on modifying the car when he gets it? That most likely means that mileage doesn't matter compared to the condition of the interior and exterior.

I really wouldn't go too into it in terms of power steering, air conditioning, and other options. I would look for a clean car overall. It's a Honda, you can find all these options for sale on forums and install them yourself if you want them and don't have them; or you can take them out if you have them and don't want them.

i talked with him a lot about this before. ideally as stated before he would want a 96-97 si or vtec model in a manual transmission. but if you find an S model in those years without any rust and low mileage i would look into that.

I don't know what the sudden influx of people wanting Del Sol's is.

My girlfriend is stuck on one.

Preferably in that shade of blue that Solless has on his.

these guys dont know anything.. he was PMing me about this before he left.

said he wanted a purple or brownish orange delsol with 18''+ chrome rims with any body kit already on.

im pretty sure he'll be dissappointed with anything differently

I don't know what the sudden influx of people wanting Del Sol's is.

My girlfriend is stuck on one.

Preferably in that shade of blue that Solless has on his.

Maybe it's the warm weather now.

Captiva Blue Pearl looks sooo bad on Sol's, IMO. Good on hatches, bad on Sols...

the only sol i'd want would be the Del sol VTEC in that really dark green.. think it cypress green or something.

We have one of those in town that's slammed on it's balls with a pair of golden CE28N's, and alternate cheapo Rota JMAG's in silver lol. The JMAG's have his DR's on them whereas the CE28N's are his baller wheel.

B20VTEC FTMFW. Yellowish glass top, carbon fiber front lip. Gangstarrr.

these guys dont know anything.. he was PMing me about this before he left.

said he wanted a purple or brownish orange delsol with 18''+ chrome rims with any body kit already on.

im pretty sure he'll be dissappointed with anything differently

post up the PM with just the information on the car so she will see what HE SAID about what he wants...

welcome and nice of you to do this for your bf :) I've been telling my bf to let me get his next car for him too :) but that one he would have to find cuz he is specific about it...

hey man, im about to leave to go to EOD schol.. what aer you doing? i am jus looking for nice shcow car delsoel that i can just drive. i want a 1993 or 95 with some cool body kti and green neon lites. mayb some 18' sho wcar rims in crome or some thing. well, just wantd to drop a line or too. Cya.

xerO

125k and under would be good

Don't for one single minute believe that all Hondas with 100k or 125k miles are going to be good. Just because they can last that long it doesn't mean they will. The important thing is to find out if they have been looked after for those miles. I am sure that he doesn't want to come home and find that you've blown a few grand on a peice of crap, so get any car checked out before you buy it.

Archived