My New Rex!!

Danny

Whoa.

Here's what you do.

Lose the kit -- entirely.

OEM Hood.

OEM bumpers/side skirting.

Smaller, cleaner rims. Something simple.

That's just for starters.

COULD be worse, but..ehh.

its not bad for a beginer. you can make the bodykit work but the hood should go. other than that some paint and drop it a little and it'll look good.

I think that looks fine, save the decals on the windshield, which I was never a fan of. That's not a bad kit at all -- I'd rock it in a heart beat. Rims are good, too.

Does it have anything done to the engine? If not, then I'd concentrate on fixing that up before painting it, since it's always fun to drive a primered car around town temporarily, since people always comment on it (I drove a primered rex all last month till I sold it two days ago).

heh, those are the exact wheels I have on my civic. I don't even like them that much and I own a set, but they are good for now. I think the wheel size looks fine on the car though. The kit looks decent, but I don't care much for the hood or the windshield decals. With the exception of the rear driver side bumper (sagging just a little) the fitment looks really good on it. Should looks nice when it gets a coat of paint.

The only reason I have that hood on there is because its made from fiberglass... I would rather have an uglier light hood then a heavy decent one... When i paint it i plan on getting a carbon fiber one.

Kit is fine, as long as it's the urethane one so you won't end up with an f'ed up kit. Ditch the hood, get it sprayed. Wheels could be a lot worse.

everything i see about this car is horrible.

???

It runs, it doesn't have rust holes, it has decent rims/tires, it was cheap.

Other then a few cosmetic issues that he already said he was attending to, what's so horrible?

???

It runs, it doesn't have rust holes, it has decent rims/tires, it was cheap.

Other then a few cosmetic issues that he already said he was attending to, what's so horrible?

It's a free country. I can say something's ugly if i want.

it doesnt look bad man. just like a lot of people said just ditch that hood. def not right for that car. but other than that, just get it painted n you will be fine.

It's a free country. I can say something's ugly if i want.

Not contesting your point of view. I was trying to solicit a more descriptive post from you as to exactly what you thought was horrible. You pointing out the parts you find less than appealing will help him to create a more beautiful ride.

Damn you kitted car drivers in here!

NOTHING beats the look of a clean, stock bodied CRX that's been lowered somewhat on something along the lines of 14/15/16" rims.

If I could find pictures of the one's I'm mentioning..I'd show them. Haha.

Damn you kitted car drivers in here!

NOTHING beats the look of a clean, stock bodied CRX that's been lowered somewhat on something along the lines of 14/15/16" rims.

If I could find pictures of the one's I'm mentioning..I'd show them. Haha.

Blah blah blah... the Pro 2 kit is the best kit for the CRX, and while the replicas aren't as nice as the genuine, they're still a good looking kit on the car.

Otherwise, JDM SiR OEM > USDM OEM. :p

dont know anything about body kits as i dont like them, but i would like to see said "nice body kit".

side note: is the s2k in your sig profiles2000 (joey's) car? because the advans look amazing on it.

dont know anything about body kits as i dont like them, but i would like to see said "nice body kit".

side note: is the s2k in your sig profiles2000 (joey's) car? because the advans look amazing on it.

The Pro 2 kit is the Mugen kit that Wings West and many others made replicas of (ie, the body kit on the CRX pictured). There were obviously differences in the Mugen kit than the replicas, but that's the gist of it.

As for the sig, yeah it's his old S2k. I'm sure I have thousands of pictures of it with the Advans on, lol... btw, the Advans are for sale if you know anyone with an S2k that wants them :p

Archived