Pirates 3

CRG7

Who else saw it over the weekend?

After watching it 2 1/2 times by now, I'm thinking this is the best of the 3 (although it's been a long time since I saw 1, but it was funny to see the old guards back in action haha).

For those who did see it, and the after-credits scene... only one thing still bothers me (all my other questions were cleared up the second time around):

SPOILER:

Since Turner is free from the Dutchman after the 10 years pass -- he completed his duty, and their love stayed true -- who takes over as Captain? No one has to stab his heart, and the "Dutchman must always have a Captain"... so... ?

he isnt free after 10 years. He is allowed one day on land for every ten years of service. Thats the price he pays for immortality aboard the dutchman.

he isnt free after 10 years. He is allowed one day on land for every ten years of service. Thats the price he pays for immortality aboard the dutchman.

From what is said about the Dutchman's captain and the curse throughout the movie, it says that Turner would be free of it. Jones wasn't free because Calypso never came for him after his 10 years, and he stopped doing his job (which is why he got the tentacles/curse). This is brought up when Jones visits Calypso in the brig.

the captain's job is to ferry souls for eternity and they are allowed one day on land every ten years. Jones stopped ferrying people, thats why he got the tentacle curse.

"It is learned in the final chapter that the purpose of the Flying Dutchman is to ferry dead souls from the sea into the netherworld. The captain was picked by Calypso, goddess of the sea. He would be allowed to spend one day ashore with she who loves him dearly before taking up his responsibilities to ferry souls for ten years. His heart would be put in the Dead Man's Chest and given to his loved one while he would hold onto the key."

almost half way down the page, just under Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

and further down the page, "t is believed that Davy Jones has sailed on the Flying Dutchman for centuries. The crew rarely steps on land, and Davy Jones can do so only once every decade."

Turner spent his first day as the captain on land. He said it all when he said all that matters is the day. So yeah, now he's gotta wait 10 more years to touch land.

Turner spent his first day as the captain on land. He said it all when he said all that matters is the day. So yeah, now he's gotta wait 10 more years to touch land.

Which is what the after-credits scene is.

rbo, I don't know, I don't trust Wiki much since anyone can add in / edit the info. It has been said that the writers have claimed that Turner is back for good after the 10 years is up, and certain scenes in the movie support this. On the other hand, it wouldn't make sense since the Dutchman would not have a captain, so I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD commentary...

Which is what the after-credits scene is.

rbo, I don't know, I don't trust Wiki much since anyone can add in / edit the info. It has been said that the writers have claimed that Turner is back for good after the 10 years is up, and certain scenes in the movie support this. On the other hand, it wouldn't make sense since the Dutchman would not have a captain, so I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD commentary...

youre missing out.

Agreed. Now go ahead and watch them :pirate:

But seriously, you should see them. Good storylines, great characters, a lot of humor, and action. Pretty much something for everyone :p

Yea i may just go buy the first two and then decide to see that 3rd this week

Just make sure you are prepared because they are some pretty lengthy movies.

Just make sure you are prepared because they are some pretty lengthy movies.

Yes... although, they really don't feel like they're as long as they are:

1 = 143 mins.

2 = 150 mins.

3 = 168 mins.

BTW, just keep in mind that 2 is really the "first half" of 3.

Yea i may just go buy the first two and then decide to see that 3rd this week

sounds interesting.. guess il go to blockbuster and rent the first and second

Archived