I've been haaaad.

Ben.

I'll bring my Louisville and we'll go hunting..

But seriously dude, that sucks.. I'm sorry about the loss. It's not just losing a car, you lost a part of you. It can be replaced.. yeah, but it won't be the same. I understand where you're coming from.

Has it really hit you yet?

Well, I hope everything turns out all right. But, if you need us, the pitchforks and torches are ready.

It hit me last night as I was shining the neighborhood..

I'm reaaaaaaally ready to fight someone right now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insurance company said they'd wait three weeks. Didn't really say there was a set policy.. If it doesn't turn up, they'll contact the authorities for verification.. And cut me a check.

That's just what the company said. I already know the car is probably a bare shell. And even salvaging what I have left of it will kill me.

Look on the bright side.

Its a WS6. That means that someone is probably gonna drive it around like crazy and get pulled over. And if they don't cooperate and the cops need to chase him you have an awesome story to tell.

You wouldn't think they'd want anything but the motor/tranny..

Who f*cking knows.

To whosoever asked -- it wasn't in a garage..it was in a carport that has a pulldown door that was locked with a masterlock. The lock had been cut, and the door opened..whoever knew where the car was knew that it was behind lock and key.

I've asked EVERYONE I know if they've seen it..none of them have seen so much as a silver car, much less mine.

_Motor (Obvious)

_Transmission (Obvious)

_Window Motors (those things blow, people would buy them, if not the whole door, since they are a bitch to do)

_Trunk Lid (for the risen spoiler)

_Hood (WS-6 ram air)

_Headlight Motors (those things blow, people would buy them)

_Wheels (17" upgrade)

_Radio (screens go black and changing the bulbs is not an option)

_T-Tops (things fly off and break)

_Seats (I'm guessing you had leather seats, some may want the leather, plus they sell decent in good shape)

A person could get over $10,000 just for those parts listed...

Look on the bright side.

Its a WS6. That means that someone is probably gonna drive it around like crazy and get pulled over. And if they don't cooperate and the cops need to chase him you have an awesome story to tell.

Are you serious...?

First off, if that was going to happen, it would have happened on day one. Obviously the person(s) who stole his car did their research. They knew the car location, how to get in clean, and how to take the car. The stock security system is quite, pissy, so they knew how to deactivate it within seconds, plus I don't know how easy they are to steal. Seriously, I've never heard of a domestic, let alone a 4th generation F-Body get gripped. Mine had some security chip, pretty much cut the fuel pump if it wasn't in, biggest pain in the ass, I never used it, but I would now if I still owned it. And these guys wouldn't drive it period, noone who knows what they are really doing will drive the thing more then they need to, thing is in pieces right now or going to be changed a lot and trialered to race.

3 weeks? if that car isnt found in 2 days its gone , toast dude. sorry to hear that dude , theres nothing worse.

They probably say three weeks to give time for the car to turn up. Every stolen Honda around here is found within a week sitting on a highway or something like that, gutted. The insurance company then determines what happens next. I've heard of thefts were the car is stolen and turns up, not completely killed, and isn't totalled, but fixed by insurance. Before they cut the check for that large amount, they want to make sure they can't do it cheaper, they want to spend as little money as possible, they'll wait. Hell, I didn't even get refunded for a damn iPod, $300, which is nothing. They gave me reasons and bull crap and cut me the check without refunding the iPod, they'll definetly wait for an entire car. Say the car shows up with the engine, just missing the hood and body damage, doubt it though, but they wouldn't total it, they'd fix it for a couple thousand dollars, versus a $15,000 check.

Well I myself have searched every possible area in town I've thought to search..alleyways..back roads..everywhere..

It hasn't turned up. Police haven't even found any leads yet.

My apologies for not keeping this updated, I'd kind of forgotten, not to mention I've been busy today around the house.

No word yet from police, they "believe they have a lead or two" to go on but they're being shady about it..Guess they don't wanna' get my hopes up. This isn't the first domestic in the area that has been jacked.. A couple of Mustang's and a Camaro SS have come up missing..so I'm gonna assume that they think it's the same guy..God does it suck not having a car.

I know. :(

I'm sorta hoping they don't find it. I'll hate having to buy another motor/tranny/window or headlight motors/wtf ever else is missing.

I know the f*cker will be sitting on blocks if it's found.

Archived