Should I or not?

civicplaya20

Car

Ok my roommates car is a junker and I am gonna sell him my honda. I would love to stay with honda and then I ran across this one.. Tell me what you guys think

This site is called HONDA forums

Car

Ok my roommates car is a junker and I am gonna sell him my honda. I would love to stay with honda and then I ran across this one.. Tell me what you guys think

Yeah this site is definitly called Honda forums, but you still have people who are members here that dont even own hondas. Sh*t they dont even own cars. Or drive like trucks or beetles. Thats the real BS around here.

not a bad looking car but i wouldn't buy somethign like that because you don't know how well the motor was put together and if it was done right.

yea! you can read!.....

BUT..... did you happen to read that this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM?

for the record I don't own one either....oh snap! Guess I should be leaving now!

the girlfriend does, and thats enough honda action for me.

EDIT: it is a nice car tho... don't personally care for the stripe.

400 horse and you can RELIABLY drive that every day without tinkering.....lets see that done with a honda. oh yeah, and it has plenty torque too!

i ges i have to go to i own a jeep. / tear

the car looks nice but i am always sketched out buying a built car from some one i don't kno. you never kno whats wrong and why would u sell your babi

see this is where I disagree with all you guys that say "don't buy someone else's headache"

when you sell a car you won't get anymore than .50 for every dollar that you put in (unless its a show car). so knowing that, you as a buyer just saved a SH!T load of $$$ if you bought it.

granted it may need a bit of tweaking, but more than likely its going to cost entirely too much to fix if it even has a problem to begin with.

every high horsepower car has issues whats to say when your done, that your project wont?

i personaly dont belive it has 400hp... i may b wrong.. but yea id sugest a chevy way over a ford but the chevy rear ends blow out alot so yea.... but i agree with pyro you pay like half the price of a car that is already fast and looks good . and you dont have to put all the time and work into it

Yeah this site is definitly called Honda forums, but you still have people who are members here that dont even own hondas. Sh*t they dont even own cars. Or drive like trucks or beetles. Thats the real BS around here.

Technically, you don't drive a Honda either, so goodbye and thanks for visiting.

"Brrand new Stage 2 Clutch, new flwheel, all new gears and synchros, new slave and master cylinder as well."

Why would someone put all this brand new into the car and then sell it???

SS=Slow and Slow....hmm...Super Slow! :D jk

bad tranny due to power shifting too much?? I've known a few Camaro drivers who have this problem...

It looks good though... :)

the only thing im not wild about is the stripe,BTW i sold my baby about 2 months ago,after 25 years i got out of street racing and wanted 4 wheel discs and good handling/gas mileage instead.had a 66 pontiac hotrod with a 400,headers,etc.,etc. it really didnt need much when i sold it

Pass on it bud. I just bought an '02 Trans AM WS6 that'll be going to the dyno here this weekend, as well as to the track. If it has a new, larger cam and new pistons..it should be making WELL over 450 horsepower. Probably over 5. Not to mention, if it's been torn down for a rebuild..as people are saying, you don't know how well it was built.

You should pass and try hunting down a stock SS Camaro if you're wanting an LS1 F-body.

"Brrand new Stage 2 Clutch, new flwheel, all new gears and synchros, new slave and master cylinder as well."

Why would someone put all this brand new into the car and then sell it???

SS=Slow and Slow....hmm...Super Slow! :D jk

bad tranny due to power shifting too much?? I've known a few Camaro drivers who have this problem...

It looks good though... :)

Uh. Sorta hard to kill the six-speed trannies paired up to the LS1. I mean, pretty hard actually. The weakass ten-bolt rear is more likely to go than the tranny. It's all whether or not the clutch can hold up to it. A friend of mine has been generating about 680 rwhp on his LS1 Camaro for a while now, and it handles 4,000rpm clutch dumps on slicks.

He's snapped a driveshaft, literally..SNAPPED it. Destroyed his rearend twice, killed four clutches and broken his rear axles with his launching. Tranny has never given out.

Well the guy hasn't emailed me back yet.. I asked him if he would let it go for 10 even yesterday and still no reply. If I don't get it then no big loss. I've driven an SS before for a short time, it is my aunts and it's auto and ever since then I've pretty much been in love. I bug her all the time to drive it. I'll let ya'll know what happens and what I end up getting

Technically, you don't drive a Honda either, so goodbye and thanks for visiting.

Well there is an RSX section in this forum, and its General Discussion so I'll stay.

Archived