When you buy tires..

..how do you actually shop around for them to find cheap prices? Do any of you buy tires online and have it shipped to your door? Or do you go to your local tire place and ask them if they have sales? OR do you just not worry about sales and buy them in your local area?

I ordered my last set of tires from discount direct. They have really good prices and free ground shipping. They were about $5 per tire higher than the cheapest place, but the only place with free shipping. So they ended up being the cheapest overall. Onlyl one time has an actual tire place been able to match the price that I can get them online.

However, I do shop around at both local stores and online for the best price.....and that's taking into consideration mounting and balancing. If I buy them local, that's usually free.

Get them through my distributor, unless something happens (ie, flat tire), then I just go to whoever has my size in stock.

Archived