help me decide

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love eg hatch's. I drool everytime i see a clean one. Almost bought one before i picked my Si up, only problem is it's really hard to find a stock/clean one up here where i'm stationed at in washington. I tried looking statewide for one but they were asking way to much for them.

i love eg hatch's. I drool everytime i see a clean one. Almost bought one before i picked my Si up, only problem is it's really hard to find a stock/clean one up here where i'm stationed at in washington. I tried looking statewide for one but they were asking way to much for them.

EG's are in demand. Especially in Florida. Make for some killer little drag cars. That's what I'm turning my old '92 CX into. I'd originally had it as a beater with a b18c5/b16tranny swap, I've since gutted the crap out of the interior and sheared off all the excess metal in the doors/body and taken out the dash. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll run on a re-vamped suspension/lsd/70 shot.

And, to the OP. You aren't gonna' come near 200whp with that setup.

I know for a while, years ago, all you saw on the roads in tampa were eg's and ef's. Those were the good old days when we ran from cops and raced down factory roads or in BFE straight aways. Friday night test and tunes at the track once a month was favored to.

hard to beleve i know , but i agree with SSR , its gonna cost you more money to get 200 whp NA , than it would to be around 240 with a turbo. too small an engine for NA. when it comes to NA builds , the more displacement the better.

RM cams are an option too SSR

good point, i'll erase.

VTEC killer cams arn't in my favor ither but atleast don't make yourself look like a bitch by telling SSR you are thinking about RM cams just because you know he likes them alot. lol

RM cams are kickass i just havent looked into them enough. i decided Killer cams are too f*cking expensive.

ANYTHING from Toda is generally high.

Honda-Tech gives RM's cams a LOTTA great feedback, moreso than a lotta' Skunk2's product..at least, those who've actually used BOTH.

true.. i dont know all the specs on parts though.. if i buy something i want it to be worth the money

no DC sport header or POS ugly exhaust.. quality parts but sometimes i dont see the worth in the parts i want.

That's just the way it is on Honda motors.. You aren't gonna' gain what it's worth with most modifications unless it's F/I, Nitrous..or a badass N/A build. You ought to go with what your favorites are, after doing a little research and a little Q&A on Honda-Tech..here..Wherever.

Ouch, I'd have used Muhammad Ali..but .. anyway. I keed, I keed.

You're gonna' have to dump some serious money into that motor to make around 200nafwhp. B16's are hard to work with unless you're making big bank.

In that case..find yourself a veeery cheap beater.. Then have at it with the best parts you can find/afford.

I'd think that having the head re-worked entirely with new valvetrain/cams (probably supertech valvetrain with rm cams or skunk2(only other option i've heard that's worth a damn) with a good port/polish job and thinner headgasket.. paired up with some oversized higher comp pistons (again, your decision on how high) and a major tune on hondata or crome with bigger injectors and whatnot should get you close.

Archived