Hello all

bumpin88

Kenwood head unit with Sirius satellite radio, and MP3 playback. 2 Pioneer 6.5" in the rear deck. 10" Pioneer free-air sub in a small sealed box. California series amp running both the 6.5"s and the 10" in Tri-Way mode. Not overly loud, but loud enough.

Sony Drive-S Headunit w/ Front Aux-In

Delphi SkyFi 2 XM Receiver

IPod

Optima Red-Top powering it all

Eclipse 3-way 6.5's in the front

Polk Audio 2-way 6.5's in the back

Rockford Fosgate Stg 2 Punch 10" sub

Lightning Audio 250 W Amp

Q-logic Box

Scoche Wiring all around

Apple Sticky Pad (for the ipod)

100_0044.jpg

-i know the locknut was upside down, it's fixed

100_0045.jpg

Polk.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

sub.jpg

12VAmpWire.jpg

well curently im running

Pioneer 4800Mp head unit

Kicker Ds60's all around 6.5 inch

two 12" type r's, (changing to two kicker 12" Compvr)

hifonics 1205 1200rms amp

plus lots of cold cathodes under dashes and trunk, and on the rear speaker covers i have green led's that shine over speakers

my civic has stock door speakers and Aiwa head unit. my ranger has sony head unit, stock door speakers, pioneer rear 5x8's, sony xplod 10" sub with 600watt sony amp.

Edit: soon to be in my ranger Alpine Type-R 10" or 12" sub, and alpine 1500watt amp. Alpine Type-R door and rear speakers, and then changing the head unit for something just not sure what yet.

i run factory 6x9's in back window , 6.5's in doors , tweets in RVmirrors. pioneer premier deck. alpine MRV1000 , 2channel , 400 rms amp. running 2 12" JL audio subs. best i hit in a DB drag with this gear was 141.0 DB even. won the event as well , lol. we went to this show on a road trip and they let us put the mic in the car anywheres we wanted , lol , kind of a joke , but i said fuk it and simply placed it between my backseats and the subs themselves(sealed box). people with ports were stickin em right in the ports , lol. same as bandpass. anyways , to make a long story short , i hit 154.8 , won that event too. one guy had 6 12's!!!!. he got pwned though , lol. funny thing is , it was like 35 degrees out , tons of people waiting to mic , thier gear kept overheating , and holding it up further , finally i got my turn , and i got 20 seconds into a session and thier crap went out again. i said fuk this , take the mic out im out. i left right away , said later to the guy i was there representing , and hit the highway and left him , lol. needed air , lol. so i talk to him next day , he got a printout sheet and a trophy for me of my 20 second run , was awsome.

work in progress please excuse the box not being wrapped and everything.

. .

heres what im running. .

Pioneer Avic N2

2 - 5 1/2 SPL monitors in head rest

1 - 7.5" Lilliput Touchscreen VGA display (for future carputer)

1 18" Resonant Engineering SX

1 Resonant Engineering 12.1 (1480 watts @ 14v_ wired 1 ohm)

1 Directed A404 pushing mids and highs (40w x 4)

2 CDT 6 1/2" Classics up front

2 CDT 6 1/2" 2-way Raw Bass drivers in rear

All Pheonix Gold Interconnect wiring

Equipment -

d0b5fea0.jpg

P9140005.jpg

Picture011.jpg

000_03331.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Install -

07c71114.jpg

f56f998b.jpg

3ee87302.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture051.jpg

100_02981.jpg

100_02991.jpg

Picture049.jpg

sounds good. Alot of people think 18's have no SQ but its false. It actually sounds really good and alot more accurate than most would think. . .

hits very deep and very low. past like level 50, its just wayyyyy too loud though. Hard to get a good breath in lol

• 2 weeks later...

no, JL makes some of the most expensive subwoofers money can buy?

Why spend 600.00 on a W7 when you can get a Stereo Integrity Magnum for 246.00 and will crap all over the W7?

Why waste money on a W6v3 when you can get a RE SE, Audioque HD, Adire Audio Brahma etc. . . for less costs and will crap all over the W6?

Why waste money on a W3 when you can get a ALPINE Type R that will put up louder numbers and sound cleaner?

Im so glad i use RE equipment, Nothing better then making all the JL fanboys heads hang low when they find out im twice as loud as them for less then half of what they paid.

Archived