PROFILES2000

CRG7

in ashley's defense: she locks topics that get to hot (flame, not views) and ones that go off topic. most of the time those threads are locked for a very good reason, whether they are nothing but an off topic flame war or they are just soooo stupidly worthless.

against ashley: however, she does lock topics that directly insult her or they point out that she has made a mistake. i know first hand about this because in one of the threads she and her "mate" jumped me for expressing my opinion (which differed from theirs) and when i pointed that out she deleted my post and locked the topic.

i really don't have a problem with ashley and her "modding", i think that most of the time she has a valid reason for doing what she does.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first two i can't reall y dispute...but if you wanted them re-opened just pm her. however the last thread was about as off topic as off topic can get! went from s2000 parts to 3000gt's. but still, i don't believe that that thread should have been locked.

also, we have to remember that ashley isn't really the only mod of the s2000 forums, drew and trepid can also do stuff. drew may have closed them when he did some remodeling or something, it doesn't say who closed them does it?

oh wait, i just found the reason why ashley locked the "My S2000 2" thread, quote from ashley:

the reason your s2000 2 thread was closed, was because the original was. if the original thread is closed, there's obviously a reason, thus not granting a follow-up thread to continue the dicussion.

the one wasn't locked

another one that ashley did lock

closed by drew after 9 pages of flaming, at the request of SSR

i don't really believe that the problem with the threads being locked down is a mod's fault, its the people who post in that thread. if you flame each other then it gets locked, if you get off topic then it gets locked, if you call somebody a homo it gets locked....would you call that a mod's fault? let me emphasize....is it ashley's fault that people are flaming each other?

point taken?:ninja:

haha... let's see... where to start...

alright, so since i'm being a "bitch" for locking "your" topics... does that mean any mod that locks your threads are being bitches as well? and hmm... let's see... oh yeah... since when are only your threads locked? you may be young, but you don't need to act as immature as name-calling :laugh:

there is a valid reason for every thread that i have ever locked to have been locked. same with deleted posts or edited posts, etc. if you wish to question those reasons, it has always been said to use the PM function to question and state reasons you feel it should be re-opened, etc.

since this has received multiple posts, i'm just going to... once again... clear things up for everyone who visits this forum.

threads are locked mainly for a. straying too far off topic for repair; b. excessive flaming

posts are deleted for the reason that they either a. would begin to lead an on-topic thread off-topic; b. they can cause a flame war

posts are edited for the same reasons as above... aside from for improper language and the such

another reason... and i have found this happen a lot... for threads being closed: request. someone will contact me asking that a thread be closed. if there is a dispute over whether it should or shouldn't, i hear out their reasons for wanting it closed, and make a decision based upon that information.

Example One

as far as the s2000 2 thread... it specifically states in the thread, before closing, that it was pretty much unnecessary. like it says in the thread, follow-ups to threads that were locked for a reason will also be locked just as soon. another reason the thread was locked was due to the fact that it really had nothing to do with an s2000. all you did was state that you weren't getting one after all, then tried to play guessing games on what car you were getting "now".

if you feel like updating a thread that has been locked, you simply use the PM function to PM me, trepid, or drew. state the reason for the update, the update, and if it's seen fit, the thread will be unlocked to allow for the updated information, then closed once again as necessary. it really isn't that difficult to make use of such a function, rather than having thread after thread closed.

Example Two

a little off topic? the thread jumped from potential s2000 parts to miatas... there was no use "repairing" the thread. thus, a lock.

Example Three

The thread's purpose was asking for a company making a driveshaft. Four pages later, and it's discussing various other cars. It's called off-topic.

Example Four ???

CivicEX said I locked this? It's open, and I'm not even a mod of that forum. maybe it was a typo.

Example Five ???

Again, not even a mod of that forum, and the thread was locked by Drew upon request. But perhaps because it's SSR's thread, it's automatic that I locked it? :laugh:

I really hate to break it to everyone who feels it, but I don't lock things based on my feelings toward people. A moderator's duty isn't to lock threads because he/she doesn't like someone, but because they need to be locked. So get off your high horses and realize this already.

Next time anyone wishes to complain about threads being locked, do it in it's place... the PM function. I know some people on this board "dislike" the PM function, but those are the rules of the board, so you can learn to deal with it or deal with not voicing your opinion about locked threads.

Thank you!

CRG7

P.S. This thread will remain open for a few days in response to this post, it will probably be locked next time I come on the board (thus the reason it is remaining open for a few days). After that, I expect all complaints, questions, etc, to be in my PM Inbox.

Example Four

CivicEX said I locked this? It's open, and I'm not even a mod of that forum. maybe it was a typo.

Example Five

Again, not even a mod of that forum, and the thread was locked by Drew upon request. But perhaps because it's SSR's thread, it's automatic that I locked it? 

ashley. i don't think you read the titles i gave those links.

example four: "another one that ashley didn't lock" yes...typo on my first post. whatever. i meant to say didn't instead of did.

example five: "closed by drew after 9 pages of flaming, at the request of SSR". i never said you closed either of those threads.

did you read my post? cause its seriously looking like you didnt, i was pretty much on your side totally.

:rolleyes: i guess you just assumed that everybody was against you huh.

Example Four

Example Five

Again, not even a mod of that forum, and the thread was locked by Drew upon request. But perhaps because it's SSR's thread, it's automatic that I locked it? 

ashley. i don't think you read the titles i gave those links.

example four: "another one that ashley didn't lock" yes...typo on my first post. whatever. i meant to say didn't instead of did.

example five: "closed by drew after 9 pages of flaming, at the request of SSR". i never said you closed either of those threads.

did you read my post? cause its seriously looking like you didnt, i was pretty much on your side totally.

:rolleyes: i guess you just assumed that everybody was against you huh.

you should have re-read your post :nod: you put another one ashley did lock... which is why i even stated it was probably a typo.

when did i say i was against anyone or they were against me? i was merely using the examples you provided to state why anything that was locked was locked, and vice versa.

it seems the majority of the people on this board take *everything* as a personal attack. (and yes, the rest of this post was pointed to civicex, but this last statement was to everybody).

now, i said i would lock this thread the next time i came on, so i'm going to do just that. thank you.

Archived